Top Ten Google Tips For Teachers
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Top Ten Google Tips for Teachers
- Kathy Gott
- Dr. Wall
- EDUC 5611
2. Number 10 Get a definition
- Teachers can quickly access definitions online by typing definition:word into a Google search without first searching for an online dictionary.
3. Number 9 Add Waiting for Response Label to emails for ultimate organization.
- Keep your email Inbox organized and never find yourself wondering
- W hy did I save this email ?
4. Number 8 Use keyboard shortcuts
- Keyboard shortcuts can help teachers create documents or correspondence quickly without ever clicking a mouse. Once you know about them, you will use them all the time!
5. Number 7 Search full text
- Do a virtual search of over ten million books using author, title or keywords. Teachers can access information quickly to maximize time spent planning engaging lessons.
6. Number 6 Use the school calendar template
- Using this handy template, teachers have instant access to upcoming school events, meetings, sports events, and more!
7. Number 5 Get a text message with your daily agenda
- Teachers who use the Google Calendar can have a daily text message sent to their cell phone to keep them organized and on time.
8. Number 4 Add video to presentations
- Teachers can create more engaging lessons using video clips instead of simple still photographs that will keep students more interested in the information presented in the classroom setting.
9. Number 3 Search for a specific file type
- Teachers can quickly locate the PDF file, a PowerPoint presentation, or other specific type of file on the Web by looking for that specific file in a Google search.(i.e. search:inclusion filetype:pdf)
10. Number 2 Create a personalized library
- Teachers can collect books and other information to "Add to my shared library. You can start your own personalized virtual library for reference or to keep organized for each class or project.
11. and the number 1 top ten google tip for teachers. 12. Number 1 Google Scholar
- Teachers can utilize this academic search engine to obtain specialized results from credible research sources, scholarly literature, and academic publishers.
- (A great resource for students, too!)