To recap on last lesson’s work: In your exercise books, continue these sentences. The rhyme scheme for ‘Anthem for Doomed Youth’ is... It is like the Shakespearean.
Post on 30-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
To recap on last lessons work:
In your exercise books, continue these sentences.The rhyme scheme for Anthem for Doomed Youth is...
It is like the Shakespearean sonnet form except that...The poem is about...
On poetic device that Owen uses is ...
The effect of this is...
Quiz! Based on the information you have put on the wiki so far
Write down the definition for the word visage from the glossary for the poem Ozymandias.
What was the first poem written by Edmund Spenser?
Write down the definition for the word eternise from the glossary for the poem I wrote her name...
Write down the definition of alliteration and one example.
What happened to Wilfred Owen in the summer of 1917?
6. Find and write down the simile about a meal
7. What family were the rulers of England in Shakespeares time?
8. Find the definition of assonance and write down one example.
9. Write down the rhyming couplet at the end of Sonnet 18 by Shakespeare.
10. How did Percy Shelley die?
11. How many sonnets did Shakespeare write?
12. Write down the definition of personification and give one example of it.
13. What are bugles in Anthem for Doomed Youth?
14. Write down the definition of oxymoron and quote the first example given.
15. What happened to Percy Shelley in 1811?
16. Write down the rhyme scheme of a Shakespearean sonnet.
17. What metaphor is used to describe the sound of the shells in Anthem for Doomed Youth?
18. Where does Shakespeare use personification in Sonnet 18? Quote from the poem.
19. Write down 4 adjectives from the poem Ozymandias.
20. Write down the rhyme scheme for I wrote her name upon the strand comment on the differences/similarities with the Shakespearean sonnet.