time to make a difference
Post on 12-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONNo matter how you vote this year, God is still in control. And it is up to Christians to make a difference in America.
- 1. Time To Make A Difference
2. On Tuesday
- Americans will head to the polls to elect a President.
3. Neither one of these will make a big difference in America 4. Remember this:
- American people will not be changed by the man behind the desk in the Oval office... but from men behind the holy desks in our churches...
5. Romans 10:13-14
- (13)For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- (14)How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
6. America has changed
- 40 yrs ago if you built a church, people would comeNot so today.
- 40 yrs ago the activities of the community centered around the church Not so today
- 40 yrs ago people looked forward to Sundays and WednesdaysNot so today.
- The church is just another local business.
- People treat the church with eyes of consumers.
- The church has become a weak force in America And Christians are ridiculed for standing on the Word of God.
- We have preachers that are preaching whatever people want to hear
- Biblical term itching ears!
- 2 Timothy 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they draw to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
9. Staggering statistics within the the church
- One third of born again adults (33%) say that abortion is a morally acceptable behavior,
- More time is spent by Christians watching TV in a single evening than the time they spend with God all week.
- Many Churches are approving ungodly lifestyles.
10. Look around we see
- Christians Getting Drunk
- Christians stealing from their employers
- Christians abusing their spouses
- Christians committing adultery
- Christians Slandering their neighbor
- And What church doesnt have a few gossipers!!!
11. People Need
- The Pure, Unadulterated Word of God!
- Not the opinions of the Preacher
- Not the latest research on church growth
- Not 2 ndor 3 rdservices because people dont like the musical style
12. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- TheONLYway America will be changed is for individuals to be Saved
- In order to do this they must call upon God.
13. Romans 10:14aHow then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?...
- People are searching for answers
- But there is only ONE answer
14. Romans 10:14 and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?
- People have to hear about Jesus!
15. Romans 10:14 and how shall they hear without a preacher?
- The men behind the holy desks in America must preach the Word!
16. Romans 10:15 (15)And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 17. God still calls men to preach!
- We that are called to preach have been sent.
- We have a responsibility 2 Timothy 4:1-2
- (1)I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
- (2)Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
18. What a Pastor is called to do
- 1)Preach the wordNot opinions or philosophies
- 2) Be instant in season, out of seasonStand firm even in bad times
- 3) Reprovepoint out faults
- 4) Rebukeforbid others to sin
- 5) Exhort with all longsuffering encourage with patience
- 6) Doctrine Stand firm on doctrine Ours? Baptist!Baptists are the closest to the Bible.
19. But it is not all left up to the Pastor
- Romans 10:16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
- Thats right.. Some even have the pastor for lunch on Sundays
- If I preach the Word of God Dont complain about me!Take it up with God!
20. America has an authority issue
- No one wants to admit that others have authority over them
- God has placed people in authority over you.
- And Pastors should be a source of authority in your life
21. Hebrews 13:17
- (17)Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you.
22. But in our culture, if someone doesnt like what one pastor says, they will find another one that will tell them what they want to hear.
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4
- (3)For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- (4)And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
23. 2 things that will change this country are:
- 1) Preachers stand firm on the word of God and preach it!
- 2) Members of churches start taking their responsibilities to the church seriously, and listen to the Pastor God has given them.
24. No matter what the outcome on Tuesday
- God is still in control
- And People need the Lord!
- Will you partner with me to share the Lord with People.. And change this world one person at a time?