theaker derek assignment4
out of 10
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Sports Sales and Sponsorship Assignment 4: Sponsorship Proposal Derek M Theaker
- 2. Who we are and who our audience is. Who we are:! The NewYorkYankees are a world renown baseball team in the American League East of Major League Baseball. The team plays atYankee Stadium in the Bronx, NY. TheYankees are 27 time World Series Champions with a rich history and a great legacy of players, awards and honors. TheYankees have a dedicated fanbase both in the United States and around the world.! Who our audience is:! Sony Corporation is a global leader in electronics, games, entertainment, and nancial services. Sony is a leading manufacturer of electronics products for consumer and professional markets. Sony produces televisions, video games, cameras, music, movies, other technologies that are used world wide. Sony Corporation consists of Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, and Sony Financial Holdings. Sony has a agship store in Mannhattan that offers a lot of the technology that Sony produces.
- 3. Why theYankees represent a good opportunity for Sony TheYankees have a long tradition of competing year end and year out. TheYankees have their own radio and television broadcasts for each game,WFAN andYES Network. TheYankees are also featured on ESPN for a handful of games every season. Yankee Stadium receives vistors from not only locals, but from fans around the world. TheYankees and their sponsors have a great history of working together and being involved with their fans.
- 4. How I identied this The Yankees have won 18 division titles, 40 AL pennants, and 27 World Series championships, all of which are MLB records.! Every Yankees game is broadcasted on WFAN with the preshow starting 30 minutes prior to the rst pitch. Yankees games are also televised on the YES Network as well as national games on ESPN throughout the season.! The Yankees routinely have large crowds on hand at home games, with the crowd being a mixture of local fans and tourists that are visiting the city.! The Yankees have large displays promoting their sponsors and mention their sponsors throughout their home games.
- 5. Benets provided for Sonys nancial commitment Sony will have a strong partner in theYankees. They will receive a lot of exposure through their fans both in NewYork City as well as around the United States and around the globe. TheYankees and Sony will work together in the community to show their support of each other.
- 6. Sponsorship Activation Project Morpheus Demo Sony booth atYankees Fan Fest Sony 4K Cameras and Televisions
- 7. Delivering content through traditional and digital platforms
- 8. Financial obligation, lenght of contract & terms This contract will be for ten years and will be at the cost of 20 million dollars for Sony Corporation. Sony will provide 4K televisions for the Sony Suite and 4K cameras to broadcast each home game. Sony can set up their demo site at any home game in the Great Hall atYankee stadium. Sony will have the largest booth at theYankees Fan Fest every year for the duration of the contest. Sony will be featured on all signage for the Fan Fest, they will also be on emails to season ticket holders. Sony will be the ofcial sponsor of theYankees pregame on both WFAN and theYES Network. This will include mentions three times throughout the duration of aYankees live broadcast and one mention during the post game as well.
- 9. How we will fulll Sonys goals of reaching audience and increasing sales/loyalty The Sony signage will be shown at different times during live broadcasts atYankee Stadium. Yankees will feature Sony products on their social media sites, with links to Sonys social media and other web pages. During the games, Sony will be the sponsor of a fan giveaway or trivia question.
- 10. The NewYorkYankees & Sony
View more >