the revolution has been cancelled: the current state of uk open access
out of 22
Post on 17-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONOpening Keynote presentation by Yvonne Budden, University of Warwick, at Repository Fringe 2014.
- Grigori Goldstein (1870-1941) (1920) Lenin speaking at an assemble of Red Army troops Sverdlov Square, Moscow, on 5 May 1920 Public Domain Image The revolution has been cancelled: the current state of UK Open Access
- For their part, publishers tend to assume that OA advocates are freeloaders or - as ACSs Rudy Baum appeared to imply in 2004 - dangerous socialists. - Richard Poynder (2014) Poynder, R. (2014) Richard Poynder on the state of open access: Where are we? What still needs to be done? - http://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-state-of- open-access.html
- Revolution, n. An alteration, a change; esp. a dramatic or wide-reaching change in conditions, the state of affairs, etc.
- In the beginning
- connecting you with information, support and your community Disruptive technology
- A peoples revolution?
- Difficult definitions
- Revolution, n. Cyclical recurrence, esp. of a point or period of time; the passing or duration of a (usu. recurring) period of time (as a year, a season, etc.). by revolution, with the passing of time; in due course.
- Attitudes to OA
- Attitudes to OA - Warwick in favour of OA principles79.4% have made work open access Of those 67.1% used WRAP70.8% believe copyright of articles should remain with the author70.4% keep a copy of the AAM93.5% are happy with CC-BY licenses for their work48.6%
- Attitudes to the RCUK policy - Warwick 20% 23% 13% 10% 16% 13% 5% Strongly in favour Mildly in favour Neutral Mildly against Strongly against Don't know Not applicable
- Attitudes to the HEFCE policy - Warwick 16% 26% 14% 10% 12% 19% 3% Strongly in favour Mildly in favour Neutral Mildly against Strongly against Don't know Not applicable
- Carrots and sticks
- Issue of ownership http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:FACT_taxi.jpg
- Five year plan
- Swan, A and Houghton, J (2012) Going for Gold? The costs and benefits of Gold Open Access for UK research institutions: further economic modelling. Report to the UK Open Access Implementation Group. http://repository.jisc.ac.uk/610/ Released under the CC-BY 3.0 license - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) -1,000,000 -500,000 0 500,000 1,000,000 1,500,000 2,000,000 Worldwide Gold OA Worldwide Green OA Unilateral Gold OA Unilateral Green OA GBPperannum Worldwide adoption of Open Access Unilateral adoption of Open Access
- Free markets?
- Revolution, n. Overthrow of an established government or social order by those previously subject to it; forcible substitution of a new form of government. In early use also: rebellion.
- All change?
- Which hat?
- The future of scholarly communications is
- connecting you with information, support and your community Thanks for listening! The revolution has been cancelled: the current state of UK Open Access Repository Fringe 2014, University of Edinburgh Informatics Forum, 30th July 2014 Yvonne Budden - Academic Support Manager (Research) and Chair (UKCoRR) email@example.com +44 2476 151275
View more >
National Overview National Overview of the Vocational Education System in the UK Change, Revolution or Chaos?
Enlightenment American Revolution French Revolution Haitian Revolution Congress of Vienna> Enlightenment American Revolution French Revolution Haitian
[UK] USERS GUIDE - Revolution Games 4 CURSOR CONTROL OVERVIEW All in-game actions are achieved using
Naked Revolution NAKED REVOLUTION - Dave Revolution scores/FULL... · Naked Revolution 1 NAKED REVOLUTION…
Revolution or Evolution? - KPMG ?· 2 KPMG UK CEO Outlook Revolution or Evolution? About the study ...…
The Electric Vehicle Revolution - Energy UK and reports... · The Electric Vehicle Revolution is the…
Alan Norbury | Siemens UK Industrial CTO Britain‘s 4th ... Siemens AG 2015 Britain‘s 4th Industrial Revolution Vision to Reality Alan Norbury | Siemens UK Industrial CTO
UK REGIONAL CITIES - accept electronic payments now. A combination of ubiquitous smart phones, and pressure on regulators to ... revolution hits the UK regions. There will
The Deindustrial Revolution: The Decline of UK ... nbsp;· 06.03.2012 · The Deindustrial Revolution: The Rise and ... of the manufacturing sector in the UK since ... it also reflected poor relative growth of UK exports
The energy revolution and future challenges for UK market. From helping to ... [accessed 6 October 2016]; and UK ... The energy revolution and future challenges for UK energy and climate change policy 5
OVER 500 UNUSED USED EQUIPMENT FROM CANCELLED PROJECTS ??2007-07-27UNUSED USED EQUIPMENT FROM CANCELLED PROJECTS Bid Live Online at ... Bradley Panelview 900 Touch Screen Control System, 6-Pocket ... Unused Used Equipment From Cancelled Projects www