The Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages. Paleolithic Age Paleolithic means “old stone” –used simple stone tools Earliest humans were nomadic –Moved from place.
out of 7
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- The Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages
- Slide 2
- Paleolithic Age Paleolithic means old stone used simple stone tools Earliest humans were nomadic Moved from place to place to survive. Followed animal herds and warmer weather. First lived in caves Later began to create shelters from wood and animal hides. Hunted and gathered for food. Learned what animals to hunt and what plants to eat. How? Created art Mostly depictions of animals
- Slide 3
- Humans developed use of fire by about 500,000 BC Benefits? Provides warmth Keeps larger animals away. Cooks food Tasted better Easier to chew Lasted longer Better nutrition + better quality of life = more people! Use of fire was especially important during the last Ice Age 100,000 to 8000 BC Use of Fire
- Slide 4
- Beginnings of Civilization End of last Ice Age was followed by the Neolithic Revolution 8000-4000BC The shift from hunting animals and gathering food to keeping animals and growing food. Systematic Agriculture Growing of food on a regular basis. Domestication Adapting animals for human use.
- Slide 5
- Effects of Neolithic Revolution Because there is enough food, humans could give up their nomadic ways of life. Begin to live in settled communities. Gives people more control over their lives. More time?
- Slide 6
- Effects of the Neolithic Revolution Development of food surpluses meant not everyone needed to farm. Division of labor Different jobs for different people. People do the job they are the best at. Development of trade Construction of storehouses and walls Protect food surplus Development of armies? Society improves quickly
- Slide 7
- A quickly changing world Neolithic Age Bronze Age Iron Age 8000 4000 BC 3000 1200 BC After 1000 BC
View more >
Comparison Chart: Paleolithic Humans vs. Neolithic sites. 3 Comparison...Comparison Chart: Paleolithic Humans vs. Neolithic Humans . Vocabulary: Paleolithic: Paleo = old; Lithic = stone. The Paleolithic era is also called the Old Stone Age ...
The Paleolithic Age - Hazleton Area High ??Paleolithic Age – “Old Stone Age”, period when humans lived in bands and were hunters and gatherers •Home Territory – The area where a band of
The Two Stone Ages. Paleolithic Age “Old Stone Age” (~2million BC – 10,000 BC) Evidence suggests humans originated in East Africa and spread throughout.
Paleolithic - Neolithic Paleolithic or Old Stone Age dates from the first stone tool makers (approx. 2 million BCE) to about 10,000 BCE. Strong archeological.
Historical Periods in Early History. Terms Prehistory Paleolithic Stone Age Neolithic Stone Age Bronze Age Iron Age.
1. Early Man Notes #1: Paleolithic Era. I. Stone Age: Period named after the stone tools that were used by hominids (human- like creatures) A. Paleolithic.
Most common empires and famous dudes. Paleolithic Age=Old Stone Age People migrate Nomads who move from place to place Invent stone tools and oral language.
Paleolithic & Neolithic Periods THE STONE AGE Paleolithic or Old Stone Age dates from the first stone tool makers (approx. 2 million BCE to about 10,000.
?· Web viewA Study Guide. Vocabulary. Paleolithic Age. Stone Age. Nomadic. Civilization. Specialized…
Paleolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic Societies The Lesson 1 Paleolithic...Paleolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic Societies The Stone Age One of the principal characteristics separating hominids from their immediate ancestors was tool
Paleolithic Era to Agricultural Revolution - Wikispaces Era to Agricultural Revolution 2 Paleolithic Tools The term _____ Age means “_____ Stone Age” and refers to the _____ tools used during the time.
Paleolithic Period & Neolithic Period. Paleolithic = Old Stone Age 2 million B.C. to 10,000 B.C. The Paleolithic Age is a prehistoric era distinguished.
Stone Stone age cities: what modern urbanites could learn from paleolithic humans | Cities | The Guardianage cities: what modern urbanites could learn from paleolithic humans | Cities | The Guardian
Early Periods of History. Paleolithic Age (2,500,000 – 10,000 BC) Also called the “Old Stone Age” Hunters and Gatherers for survival Nomadic (moved from.
Moon-Brumley World History. Paleolithic Age - c. 2,500,000 - 10,000 B.C.E. Period characterized by the use of stone tools. Paleolithic people were.