The human skeleton. Your skeleton’s 3 main jobs: 1. Your skeleton gives you your shape. If you didn’t have a skeleton, you would be a blob! 2. Your skeleton.
out of 15
Post on 23-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- The human skeleton
- Slide 2
- Your skeletons 3 main jobs: 1. Your skeleton gives you your shape. If you didnt have a skeleton, you would be a blob! 2. Your skeleton helps you to move. You could not run or swim without bones. 3. Bones protect other parts of your body.
- Slide 3
- Skeleton fact A baby is born with over 300 bones but some bones grow together so that all grown ups have 206 bones.
- Slide 4
- The longest, heaviest, and strongest bone in your body is your thigh bone, called your femur! It attaches at your hip and your knee! (The smallest bone is in your ear!)
- Slide 5
- Your kneecap is your patella On the front of the knee is the kneecap. Your kneecap is not connected directly to other bones. Muscles and tendons help keep your kneecap in place!
- Slide 6
- Your skull Knock on your skull and feel how hard it is. It is hard so it can protect your brain and eyes. The skull is made up of 28 bones. Muscles are attached to your skull to help you smile!
- Slide 7
- Muscles Muscles are attached to bones. Bones and muscles work as teams when you swing your arms and move your legs.
- Slide 8
- Ball and socket joints Bones meet at joints. Make a fist and put your fist in your open hand. This is how a ball and socket joint works. Your shoulders and hips are ball and socket joints.
- Slide 9
- Hinge joints Hinge joints are like door hinges. Picture a door swinging open. Hinge joints allow bones like your elbows and knees to swing back and forth. Your knee locks when its straight and doesnt bend backwards.
- Slide 10
- Broken bones Bones are tough, but they can break. Fortunately, broken bones can heal. Special cells help repair the bone. How fast a bone heals depends on the kind of break. If the broken ends fit together well, a bone may heal more quickly.
- Slide 11
- Your backbone Your backbone, or your spine, helps support your body. It is made up of bones called vertebrae.
- Slide 12
- Your ribcage You have 12 pairs of ribs that are curved bones. Your heart and lungs are protected by your ribcage.
- Slide 13
- Your arm bones Your upper arm bone is called your humerus. Your lower arm bones are the ulna and radius Hitting your funny bone usually isnt funny at all. There is a nerve that runs over the ulna that makes hitting it painful!
- Slide 14
- Your hands and feet Your hands have 27 bones in each! Your hands and wrist are easy to control because they have so many movable bones.
- Slide 15
- Taking care of our bones Bones give us shape and allow us to move so taking care of our bones is important. The key to healthy bones is eating well and exercising. Our bodies need calcium to grow strong bones. Milk and broccoli are good sources of calcium.
View more >
THE SKELETAL SYSTEM. Can you touch your backbone, your ankle bone, and your knee? These are bones that are all part of your skeleton.
The Body The purpose of your skeleton Your skeleton has three main functions. It supports your body It protects vital organs 3.Lastly it enables.
IT Science: Skeleton - Chapter Review Questions Science: Skeleton - Chapter Review Questions Answer Key The Human Skeleton 1. What does a skeleton symbolize? danger, death, a key, a
borderlands 2 skeleton keys hack - 2 skeleton keys hack borderlands 2 skeleton keys hack. A easy-to-use pc software that helps you manage your mobile phone via data cable, IrDA or Bluetooth.
Chapter 7: The Axial Skeleton 1. Human Skeleton Human Skeleton = 206 Bones 1.Axial Skeleton: -longitudinal axis -80 bones 2.Appendicular Skeleton: -limbs.
The Skeletal System Without a skeleton, our bodies would have no support and would flop. Your skeleton consists of 206 bones all linked together. The primary.
Appendicular Skeleton. Your appendicular skeleton includes all of the bones and joints that make up your appendages This includes the shoulder girdles.
The structure of the skeletal system. Functions of the skeleton The skeleton performs many functions in the body. Shape The skeleton gives us our shape.
A. Skeleton Functions 1. Provides support and shape a. Internal framework b. determines body’s shape c.. 2. Protects your organs (Axial Skeleton) a. Skull.
The Skeleton. Facts Without your skeleton you would be a shapeless sack of flesh. Without your skeleton you would be a shapeless sack of flesh. It consists.
The Axial Skeleton - Woodland Hills School Axial Skeleton... · The Axial Skeleton The Axial Skeleton…
Body in Action (a) Movement SQA Questions. What you should know -skeleton The skeleton provides a f_______ for s_______ and m_______ attachment The skeleton.
The Body’s Support Structure: The Skeleton Functions of the skeleton: o Provides shape and support o Enables you to move o Protects your internal organs.
IDENTIFYING SEX FROM SKELETON - Logan loganhocking.k12.oh.us/files/documents/ !SEX!FROM!SKELETON!! ... examine!and!palpate!the!skeleton!to!check!for!key ... ,!all!evidence,!and!your!final!conclusion.!!Be!careful!not!to!base!your ...
Three Skeleton Key - Skeleton Key Study Guide.pdfPlant LA-7 Three Skeleton Key Lighthouse Log Imagine you are the narrator filling out a report of your adventure at Three Skeleton Key. What happens each
General AP Skeletal Labs #1- Overview of the Skeleton Pre-lab guides/General02a...Skeletal Labs #1- Overview of the Skeleton . Pre-lab Exercises. ... Overview of the Skeleton : ... You will be referencing the image The Human Skeleton and the ...