the holocaust a look at the genocide of world war ii
out of 27
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- The Holocaust A look at the genocide of World War II
- Slide 2
- Objective By the end of the lesson, SWBAT describe the timeline and events of the Holocaust during World War II.
- Slide 3
- Vocabulary Holocaust - A Period between 1939- 1945 where Nazi Germany killed over 6 million Jews that lived in Europe. Concentration Camp - A prison that Jews and other enemies of Nazi Germany would have to go. Most people were killed at the these camps.
- Slide 4
- Nazi Germany Who did Adolf Hitler and the Nazis blame for the horrible conditions in Europe before World War II broke out?
- Slide 5
- Nazi Germany * The Nazis blamed the Jews and the Socialists for all of Germanys problems. * Germans listened to the government and they started to hate the Jews.
- Slide 6
- Germany for Jews Pretty soon, life got really bad for Jews in Germany The Nazi Government made the Jews shut down their businesses, stay in certain areas, and wear yellow Star of Davids.
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Ghetto to Camps After the war broke out, the Germans took over other countries and put Jews all over Europe in these Ghettos. Pretty soon, the Germans started moving people out of the Ghettos and into Concentration Camps.
- Slide 9
- The train rides could last up to two weeks. What do you think it was like on these trains? The train rides could last up to two weeks.
- Slide 10
- Concentraion Camps The Concentration Camps were horrible places. The people that were able to do work, would be worked to death making things for Nazi Germany. The people that were older or too young to work, would be immediately put to death.
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Nazis Goal The Nazis goal was to kill all the Jews in Europe, and eventually around the world. Many Socialists were also sent to the Concentration Camps.
- Slide 13
- Liberation In 1945, when the Allied Powers moved in on areas that the Germans controlled, they started seeing the Concentration Camps and letting the prisoners free. The Allied Powers were shocked at what they saw.
- Slide 14
- Slide 15
- Nazi Propaganda Look at the following pieces of Nazi propaganda. Think about the following questions: What was the message of the propaganda? What effect do you think this propaganda had on people in Germany? Do you think the anti-Semitic propaganda, speeches, and literature was effective? Why or why not?
- Slide 16
- Slide 17
- Slide 18
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- 5...the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew. -Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
- Slide 21
- Images of the Holocaust
- Slide 22
- The Holocaust
- Slide 23
- Slide 24
- Slide 25
- Slide 26
- Anne Frank What you are going to see are some clips from the movie Anne Frank. Anne Frank was a 13 year Jewish girl that lived in Amsterdam, Holland during World War II. Anne received a diary as a birthday present one year, and was an avid writer. Because she was Jewish her family was forced to go into hiding during World War II because of the threat of being sent to concentration camps. Anne wrote in her diary everyday during these troubling times.
- Slide 27
- Anne Frank
View more >
Genocide - a systematic killing of a specific group Holocaust – Genocide of Jews, Gypsies, Communists, homosexuals, and the disabled in Nazi occupied territories
Report on Instruction in the Holocaust, Genocide and Reports and...PENNSYLVANIA STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION Report on Instruction in the Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Violations Findings and Recommendations
The Holocaust and GenocideThe Holocaust and ?· The Holocaust and GenocideThe Holocaust and Genocide…
Steps to Genocide 1933 to 1945 The Holocaust. holocaust (noun): Greek word meaning “sacrifice by fire” The Holocaust (proper noun): The Holocaust was
The Terror of Genocide genocide v. Holocaust ?· 20th Century Racism and Reform Dreyfus Affair Eugenics…
THE HOLOCAUST DEFINTIONS: HOLOCAUST A PROGRAM OF MASS MURDER GENOCIDE THE ANNIHILATON OF ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE
THE HOLOCAUST. VOCABULARY: EVENTS & TERMS HOLOCAUST GENOCIDE “THE FINAL SOLUTION” KRISTALLNACHT UNTERMENSCHEN CONCENTRATION CAMP EXTERMINATION CAMP
THE HOLOCAUST. What is the “Holocaust”? Refers to a specific genocidal event in 20 th century history – Genocide: the deliberate and systematic extermination
The ArmeniAn Genocide The holocAusT: one mAn vhec.org/images/pdfs/armenian teachers guide.pdfThe ArmeniAn Genocide The holocAusT: one mAn TAkes A sTAnd Armin T. Wegner The Armenians in Anatolia, 1915-1916 VANCOUVER HOLOCAUST EDUCATION CENTRE teacher’s guide
The Nazi Holocaust The Nazis’ genocide of Jews. Contents Def. of Genocide and The Holocaust Jews living in Europe Germany and anti-Semitism Reasons
Genocide Holocaust. History of Genocide and the Holocaust Eight (8) Stages of Genocide Classification Us vs. Them. Symbolization 1. Jewish star. Dehumanization