the future of books
out of 16
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The future of books: short, solution-orientedand electronic
- 2. Jim Kural Books are being reborn as short, oriented towards a specific problem, and increasingly, not in physical form.
- 3. Shorter is better In the past you had 40,000 to 100,000 words to makeyour point. TODAY you only have 15,000 to 35,000 words.
- 4. Jim says tobreak your longer works into shorter works thatbecome a series.
- 5. Solve a problem People buy books for tworeasons: or to solve a problem.to be entertained,
- 6. Youneed to decide who youwant to target and decide what they care aboutmore.
- 7. Electronic Most successful businessbooks are optimized for electronic distribution.
- 8. It is important to develop skills around publicizing them to online.
- 9. Start by developing a title.BUT be ready to change itas your ideas evolve.
- 10. Use Googles keyword tool to find themost popular search terms related to your topic. Try and incorporate them in your title. Jims Tip
- 11. You can also use Amazon and Google Book search to findbooks witha similar themeto learn from the words they use in their titles.
- 12. Jims Tip Use a freelance service like upwork.com to commission a cover for your book
- 13. To keep on task and to motivate yourself: 1. Establish a launch date
- 14. To keep on task and to motivate yourself:
- 15. Master do-it-yourself publishing online Jims Tip There are companies that canhelp you format your book for Kindle but it may be worth it to do it yourself like KindleDirect Publishing
View more >