the five faces of salvation face # 1 guilt. guilt and shame and power redeemed state no. times...
out of 15
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- THE FIVE FACES OF SALVATION Face # 1 Guilt
- Slide 2
- Guilt and Shame and Power Redeemed State No. Times Lost State No. Times Innocence/Righteous396Guilt/Guilty212 Honor386Shame/Dishonor192 Power542Fear332 Purity315Defilement/Unclean296 Meaning/Purpose126Meaninglessness39 Judgment167
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Where Does the Guilt Come From? From the Bible, of Course But our emphasis comes from our culture, that has its roots in Rome: Architecture Law Government
- Slide 5
- Western Theologians Look at all the lawyers: Tertullian (ca. 160 AD) Basil the Great (ca. 329 AD) Augustine (ca. 354 AD) Ambrose (ca. 374 AD) Martin Luther (ca. 1517) John Calvin (ca. 1535)
- Slide 6
- Guilt Definition: Guilt is both the legal and moral condition that results from breaking God's law.
- Slide 7
- OUR END VISION Romans 8
- Slide 8
- To Be Released from Guilt One Verse Therefore, there is now no condemnationfor those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 Three Stories
- Slide 9
- MARK 2:1-12 See the ___________of Christ. He has authority to remove our______. He has authority to heal our________________. There is now no condemnation You are __________________. Power sins suffering forgiven
- Slide 10
- JOHN 3:1-21 See the __________________of Christ. He came to stop us from__________________. He came to teach us to _________________________. There is now no condemnation You have a _________________________. Purpose trying trust Him fresh start
- Slide 11
- JOHN 8:1-11 See the ___________________of Christ. Jesus upholds the _____________of God. Jesus extends the _____________of God. There is now no condemnation You are ________________. Paradox justice mercy free
- Slide 12
- Bottom Line If you trust in what Jesus did for you on the cross, You are not guilty anymore. You dont have to pay the penalty You dont have to receive punishment.
- Slide 13
- From our story to His story Start by identifying to which of these three stories your own story most relates. One of my favorite stories about Jesus is when: (On a separate piece of paper, fill in details of story in approximately 3-4 sentences)
- Slide 14
- From our story to His story State the primary point of the story, i.e., to forgive us, to give us a fresh start, to free us from our sins and struggles)
- Slide 15
- From our story to His story Would you be interested in knowing more about how Jesus can do that in your life?
View more >
?· 9. Excessive Guilt (rate 1 to 6) 1 = Does not express any undue feeling of guilt. Reported guilt…
1. Sweet is the song I’m sing - ing to - day; (1. Sweet is the song I’m I’m redeemed! I’m redeemed! Trouble and singing today; I’m redeemed! I’m redeemed!
Shame, Guilt, Narcissism, and Depression: Correlates ?· Shame, Guilt, Narcissism, and Depression: Correlates…
End Times Scenario Events (for the Redeemed). The Bema Seat. The Wedding of the BrideT . he Kingdom…