The first human habitation begun about 42,000 to 50,000 years ago (Nowadays they are called Aborigines). The indigenous Australians (Aborigines) were.
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- The first human habitation begun about 42,000 to 50,000 years ago (Nowadays they are called Aborigines). The indigenous Australians (Aborigines) were hunters and gatherers. The Aborigines population was estimated at 350,000 at the time of European settlement. By 1788, the population existed as 250 individual nations, HISTORY
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- The fauna of Australia consists of a huge variety of strange and unique animals; some 83% of mammals, 89% of reptiles, 90% of fish and insects and 93% of amphibians that inhabit the continent are endemic to Australia. A unique feature of Australia's fauna is the relative scarcity of native placental mammals. Uniquely, Australia has more venomous than non-venomous species of snakes.
- Slide 7
- MAMMALS Australian fauna consists 89% of mammals. Australia has a rich mammalian fossil history, as well as a variety of extant mammalian species, dominated by the marsupials. Although marsupials and placental mammals did coexist in Australia in the Eocene, only marsupials have survived to the present. Some Mammals:
- Slide 8
- The extincted Tasmanian tiger
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- BIRDS Australia and its territories are home to over 800 species of bird. Australian parrots comprise a sixth of the worlds parrots, including many cockatoos and galahs. About 200 species of seabird live on the Australian coast, including many species of migratory seabird. Some Birds:
- Slide 11
- The Emu is the second largest surviving species of bird.
- Slide 12
- The Kookaburra is the largest species of the kingfisher family.
- Slide 13
- The Little Penguin is the only species of penguin that breeds on mainland Australia.
- Slide 14
- Amphibians and reptiles Australian fauna consists 90% of amphibians and reptiles. The Myobatrachidae, or southern frogs, are Australia's largest group of frogs, with 120 species from 21 genera. Australia has both saltwater and freshwater crocodiles. Australia is the only continent where venomous snakes outnumber their non-venomous cousins. There are more lizards in Australia than anywhere else in the world, with representatives of five families. Some species:
- Slide 15
- The Corroboree Frog is a notable member of the Myobotrachidae family.
- Slide 16
- The Saltwater crocodile is the largest species of crocodile in the world !
- Slide 17
- Slide 18
- The Taipan is one of the most venomous snake in the world!
- Slide 19
- The Thorny Devil
- Slide 20
- FISH More than 4,400 species of fish inhabit Australia's waterways; of these, 90% are endemic. Most of Australia's fish species are marine. Sharks inhabit all the coastal waters and estuarine habitats of Australias coast. There are 166 species. Several exotic freshwater fish species Several exotic freshwater fish species. Some fish :
- Slide 21
- The Murray Cod is the largest wholly freshwater fish.
- Slide 22
- The spotted wobbegon is the largest wobbegong shark, reaching a lenght of 3,2m.
- Slide 23
- The weedy sea dragon
- Slide 24
- Invertebrates Of the estimated 200,000 animal species in Australia, about 96% are invertebrates. Australia has a wide variety of arachnids, including 135 species of spider that are familiar enough to have common names. There are many unique marine crustaceans in Australian waters. Examples:
- Slide 25
- The Honeybee
- Slide 26
- The Wolf Spider
- Slide 27
View more >
Aborigines. Australian aborigines also called Aboriginal Australians. The Aboriginal Indigenous Australians migrated from the African continent around.
Australia: The First People. Aboriginals: Who are they? Indigenous Australians, or Australian Aborigines, are native people of Australia. They used.
Aborigines arrived from southeast Asia by boat about 50,000 years ago. One million Aborigines lived on the continent in tribal land Captain James Cook.
Aborigine s. Who are they? Aborigines First AustraliansFirst Australians Aborigine: Latin meaning from the beginningAborigine: Latin meaning from.
Who are the Aborigines?. Aborigines Aborigines Indigenous people of Australia Indigenous people of Australia Have occupied Australia for at least 40,000.
Early History. Indigenous Australians Aborigines Came from Asia 40,000 years ago Nomadic hunters and gatherers Used boomerangs and spears for hunting.
HHuman habitation of the Australian continent is estimated to have begun between 42,000 and 48,000 years ago, possibly with the migration of people.
Aborigines - The First Australians 1 17 February 2001By Katerina Siamidis Lakewood Lutheran School 1 st Grade THE AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINES BY KATERINA.
History of Australia. The Aborigines Historians believe the first humans arrived in Australia between forty thousand and sixty thousand years ago. They.
The native people in Australia were the aborigines. In the past the aborigines didnt live in one place. They travelled around the Australian continent.
Crux Aborigines 01 - Indigenous Ri SPALDING, in this guest editorial, sees the students' 'freedom ride' as a focus of a new attitude to Aborigines: ... Aborigines have borne, ...
Aborigine History & Culture. Migration Aborigines were the first inhabitants of Australia. They are believed to be from South East Asia, and may have.
ABORIGINES. Grundstzliches Vergangenheit Outback Unterscheidung Nordksten-Aborigines Wsten-Aborigines.
Human Impact EEE 105 Read Ch. 12. Human Impact We were first hunter-gatherers Australian aborigines.