the best beaches of rhodes
out of 16
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. THE BEST BEACHES OF RHODES Rhodes has many spectacular beaches and sandy coves. The island offers a large collection of Rhodes beaches with various amenities, including hotels, taverns, bars and watersports centers. All beaches in Rhodes have crystal waters and they are unique in natural beauty. Among the best Rhodes beaches are Tsambika, Saint Paul's bay, Ladiko, Kallithea and others. The southernmost coast of Rhodes, Prassonisi, is ideal for windsurfing and kite surfing. You will find below a list with the best beaches in Rhodes island.
- 2. PRASSONISI Location: 85 km south of Rhodes Town Description: Prassonissi is one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches on Rhodes. It is located on the southernmost spot of the island. A small peninsula in the sea creates two sandy beaches. Type: Sandy, Non Organised, Windsurfing
- 3. FALIRAKI Faliraki is one of the most cosmopolitan resorts of Rhodes lying 16 km south of the main town and 10 km from the airport. It is well- organized with dozens of colourful sunbeds covering the sandy coast, umbrellas and many watersports facilities like (water skiing, wind surfing and much more.) In the wider region plenty of taverns, restaurants and beach bars are found.
- 4. TSAMBIKA The long sandy beach of Tsambika is located 25 km south of Rhodes town, under the imposing rock where it stands the miraculous Monastery of Tsambika. Turquoise waters and golden sands create a beautiful scenery, ideal to relax and enjoy the sun. Dozens of colorful beach facilities are available as well as Water sports for the most daring types. The wider region is very friendly and offers plenty of amenities, during night and day.
- 5. LADIKO Ladiko beach Rhodes: Ladiko is a small beach located on a beautiful bay 20km south of Rhodes Town and 2km from Faliraki village. Ladiko beach features a tiny picturesque cove that offers visitors some delightful moments under the warm sun. The seashore has fine clean sand, and some small rocks are scattered around as well as many beach facilities, such as umbrellas, sun beds, fresh water showers and delicious traditional taverns
- 6. AFANDOU The extremely long and large beach of Afandou is located 19 km south of Rhodes town. The village lies around the natural bay.The beach is made of sand and pebbles and offers many rental facilities. It is relatively crowded during the high season and most importantly it receives many windsurfing lovers. Its deep, clear sparkling waters are ideal for swimming and remain quite fresh even under the hot sun.
- 7. IXIA Ixia is a nice cosmopolitan resort located 5 km south of Rhodes town and it is mostly referred to as one of the most beautiful places in the island. It is a popular windsurfing destination. Over the years, the area has developed into an international meeting place that attracts many visitors, while it offers various types of accommodation from luxury hotels to apartments and rooms to let.
- 8. CASINO This is a large beach that lies within a walking distance from Rhodes Town, just in front of the Casino. It is well organized with sunbeds and umbrellas and surrounded by many hotels. Casino beach is an excellent choice for the tourists who stay in Rhodes Town. The atmosphere is a bit noisy and all amenities are found in the wider region, from gift shops to restaurants.
- 9. ELLI Elli is the closest beach to Rhodes town located between the area of Mandraki the Rhodes aquarium. It is one of the most popular beaches on Dodecanese and according to Lawrence Durell it is the most beautiful beach in the Mediterranean. The place has an amazing atmosphere that attracts many photographers to capture the astonishing grafts and the wonderful panoramic images of Rhodes.
- 10. GENADI Genadi is the last organized beach in the southern part of the island. It is located 63 km south of Rhodes Town and 12 km south of Lindos village. It is a place surrounded by beautiful landscape and beaches. It is well organized with umbrellas and sundecks, small bars, many water sports and taverns that serve the coolest drinks and the most delicious seafood or anything else you like.
- 11. IALYSSOS The long beach of Ialyssos is located 8 km north west of Rhodes town. Its waters are crystal and it is well organized as a tourist resort with many facilities, including close accommodation options, seaside cafes and taverns. The coastline is covered with sand and pebbles. The beach of Ialyssos develops an important role in the Greek surfing scene and is visited by many surfers in summer, since its winds favors this sport.
- 12. KAMIROS Kamiros beach is located 50 km south of Rhodes town in a 45 minute distance drive, concluding to a lovely route with dotted small villages, green forests and old monasteries. Kamiros beach is blessed with golden sand and the crystal clear waters. There are many umbrellas and sundecks you could rent to enjoy the beautiful scenery and relax under the shade. There is only one restaurant near the beach, though the region has several options such as cafes and great taverns.
- 13. LINDOS Lindos beach palace is one of the three beaches surrounding Lindos town and one of the most popular beaches on Rhodes island. It is placed 55 km from Rhodes Town and it is a great location for families, due to its friendly ambiance and its many available facilities. Apart from sun-beds and umbrellas, Lindos beach palace has a variety of hotels on its surroundings.
- 14. PEFKI Pefki beach is an overtly commercialized beach and the main street is lined up with innumerable shops. The peripheral areas surrounding the beach has been developed in such a manner so as to provide all the contemporary tourist amenities. Pefki beach has soft sand with many pebbles. Also, it is quite narrow in comparison to other beaches of the island.
- 15. AGATHI The small sandy beach of Agathi lies on a picturesque cove, nearby the beach of Haraki and the Medieval castle of Faraklos, 38 km south east of Rhodes City and 10 km north of Lindos village. The golden sands, along with the emerald waters, create a wonderful and attractive picture. Three canteens offer refreshments and snacks on the beach as well as sun beds, umbrellas rentals and showers.
- 16. 2nd Primary Experimental School of Rhodes
View more >
Popular Mexican Beaches La Cultura – Unidad 3. 5 Best Mexican Beaches Puerto Vallarta Tulum Cancun Cabo San Lucas Cozumel