Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
Put the verbs into the correct form.
1. I(to like)lemonade very much.
2. The girls always(to listen)to pop music.
3. Janet never(to wear)jeans.
4. Mr Smith(to teach)Spanish and French.
5. You(to do)your homework after school.
Make negative sentences.
1. My father makes breakfast. 2. They are eleven. 3. She writes a letter. 4. I speak Italian. 5. Danny phones his father on Sundays. Put the verb in the correct form
1. I usually(go) to school.
2. They(visit) us often.
3. You(play) basketball once a week.
4. Tom(work) every day.
5. He always(tell) us funny stories.
6. She never(help) me with that!
7. Martha and Kevin(swim) twice a week.
8. In this club people usually(dance) a lot.
9. Linda(take care) of her sister.
10. John rarely(leave) the country.
11. We(live) in the city most of the year.
12. Lorie(travel) to Paris every Sunday.
13. I(bake) cookies twice a month.
Put the verbs into the simple past:
1. Last year I (go)to England on holiday.
2. It (be)fantastic.
3. I (visit)lots of interesting places. I (be)with two friends of mine .
4. In the mornings we (walk)in the streets of London.
5. In the evenings we (go)to pubs.
6. The weather (be)strangely fine.
7. It (not / rain)a lot.
8. But we (see)some beautiful rainbows.
9. Where (spend / you)your last holiday?
Write the past forms of the irregular verbs.
USE THE CORRECT FORM
1) Imy Maths homework yesterday.(to do)2)Susanto England by plane?(to go)
3) Theya farm two weeks ago.(to visit)4) Jenny and Peggytheir brother.(not/to help)5) The childrenat home last weekend.(not/to be)6) Whenyouthis wonderful skirt?(to design)
7) My motherinto the van.(not/to crash)8) The boysthe mudguards of their bicycles.(to take off)
9)youyour aunt last week?(to phone)
10) Hemilk at school.(not/to drink)THIS / THAT / THESE / THOSE
1) Look atnewspaper here.
2)are my grandparents, andpeople over there are my friend's grandparents.
3)building over there is the Chrysler Building.
4)is my mobile phone andis your mobile phone on the shelf over there.
5)photos here are much better
thanphotos on the book.
6)was a great evening.
7) Areyour pencils here?
8)bottle over there is empty.
9)bricks over there are for your chimney.
10) John, takefolder and put it on the desk over there.
THERE IS / THERE AREA. Complete the sentences using "there is" or "there are".
1.books on the table.
2.many cars in the street.
3.a picture on the wall.
4.a pencil near the book.
5.many trees in the forest.
6.a cat under the table.
7.seven apples in the fridge.
8.a dog in the house.
9.a monkey on the tree.
10.many rooms in my house.D. Complete the sentences using "there is" / "there are" / "is there" / "are there" / "there isn't" / "there aren't".
1.someone looking at me.
2.many boys in the school?
3.some photos in her bag.
4.any eggs in the fridge.
5.any magazine in her room.
6.any soccer stadium here?MY / YOUR / HIS / HER / ITS / OUR / YOUR / THEIR
Do you live withparents?
We lovenew car.
The children are withfather.
Are you and yourfriend enjoyingEnglish classes?
Veniceis famous forcanals.
She's withbest friend.
They haven't gotbooks.
He's looking fortrousers.
I like visitingfriends.
Are the teachers havingmeeting now?
Have you gotumbrella?
I love my mother. _______ name is Mary.
Peter andSally study English. ________ teacher is funny.
This is a beautiful tree. ________ leaves are a beautiful colour.
John has a brother. ________ brother is 25 years old.
I want to phone Sarah. Do you know ________ telephone number?
MINE / YOURS / HIS / HERS / ITS / OURS / YOURS / THEIRS
B-Choose the right possessive pronoun.
1-Philip has gota lot of books. They are _________
2-Jane, is this money _________?
3-Whose hat is this? It's my sister's hat. It's ________
4-This is my book, where is _________?
5-These are the pupils' bikes. They're_______
Personal PronounPossessive Pronoun
SOME / MUCH / MANY / A LOT OF
1. I have ___ cash if you need it.
somemany 2. How ___ students are there on your course?
manya lot of 3. There are ___ pit bull dogs on our estate. Too many. I don't like them.
a lot ofmuch 4. How ___ money do you need?
5. How ___ classes do you have this week? Are you busy?
manya lot of 6. I have ___ dresses. I can't help it, I'm always buying them.
a lot ofmuch 7. Is there ___ information on South African culture?
8. Do you know ___ English grammar?
9. Can I have ___ sugar in my tea please? Not too much.
a lot ofsome
10. It seems like you have ___ cousins. I thought I'd met them all!
a lot ofsomePREPOSITIONSFill in the correct prepositions.
1. Peter is playing tennisSunday.
2. My brother's birthday isthe 5th of November.
3. My birthday isMay.
4. We are going to see my parentsthe weekend.
5. 1666, a great fire broke out in London.
6. I don't like walking alone in the streetsnight.
7. What are you doingthe afternoon?
8. My friend has been living in Canadatwo years.
9. I have been waiting for youseven o'clock.
10. I will have finished this essayFriday.
1) She was born2004.
2) They are waitingthe bus.
3) Don't forget to bring some flowersyou.
4) I haven't smokedages.
5) You can look up the worda dictionary
.6) She is allergicinsect stings.
7) I'm lookingmy keys. Have you found them?
8) The song was writtenMadonna.
9) He likes to travelSpain in summer.
10) The police car chased the robbersthe streets.