Taking and analysing photos for preliminary task
Post on 04-Jul-2015
- 1. Taking & Analysing Photographs
- Analysis of photos taken for Cover & Contents
2. Photos taken for Cover- Photos 1 & 2
- This photograph shows three English Literature students reading books in the school library.
- I chose against using this photograph as the lighting was too dark and I didnt think the photo looked like one youd see on the cover of a magazine.
- The models arent looking at the camera so the photograph feels quite cold and doesnt include the viewer as there is no eye contact made.
- I do like the angle of this photograph because if the models would have been looking into the camera, they would have been looking slightly upwards too which would have been effective.
- I think that for this photo to be improved, the models could have smiled and looked at the camera- like, for example,in photograph 2 .
- Like I said when analysingphotograph 1 , this photograph is good as the models are making full eye contact with the camera and generally look happy.
- I chose against using this photograph as the body position of the models seemed too forced and almost awkward.Also, the model in the middle seems quite squashed therefore uncomfortable which would effect the way the magazine looks as a
- I do like the angle of this photograph because of the way theyre looking upwards but I think that for this photo to be improved, the models would have to be more relaxed and natural- I dont think this photograph looks like a cover photo.
2 2 3. Photos taken for Cover- Photo 3
- I have chosen to use this photo out of all the photos I have taken as I think it looks the most like a front cover photograph.
- The lighting is good as it highlights the models faces and their body positions are close which makes the photo seem friendly and warm.
- The models faces seem clean, fresh and healthy which, again, has connotations of a similarly healthy school.
- The connotation of three attractive happy teenage girls reading books is that the school is a friendly place which encourages learning and has the facilities to do that well.
- The body language of all three models is relaxed and happy which gives off a warm vibe which is important for the front of a magazine.
- The eye contact from all three girls draws the reader in as it makes it more personal and intimate.
- The angle of the camera is my favourite of all the photographs I have taken as I think it is very much like other magazine cover photos.
- The book case on the left hand sideof the photo adds a nice touch as it highlights education and learning which ties in with the key theme of the story- English literature.
3 4. Photos taken for the Contents- Photos 1 & 2
- I decided to use this photograph on my contents page as it represented the student mentoring article which I had chosen to include on my contents list.
- The photograph would have worked nicely as a front cover photo if the models were looking into the camera because of the space above their heads which could have been used for the title.
- I think that the photograph is friendly and warm as it shows two students interacting and the elder student assisting the younger.
- I decided to use this photograph on my contents page as I think it is an interesting layout of the models- it is different and unique
- If the model who is highest up would have been closer into the camera then this would have also made a good front cover photograph as all three models would be making body and eye contact with the camera and therefore the reader.
View more >
COMPOSITION Task 1d RESOURCES: http://www.digicamhelp.com/taking-photos/advanced-techniques/composing-photos