t5 b70 saudi flights fbi docs 1 of 4 fdr- jetlease tab- entire contents- fbi report (see t5 b69...

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T5 B70 Saudi Flights FBI Docs 1 of 4 Fdr- Jetlease Tab- Entire Contents- FBI Report (See T5 B69 Jetlease Fdr- Less

1/3

RELATINGtoi MmflFESTS FORTHE^ jjjjR-CRAFT THAT^KjujflTED STATES IN^ IH?WITH SAUDI

WUjj^jJALS:yiliiRTERWHICH| ipsWatft;Sf-:;,:;> ':vx-V.v - -f |MrpN.KENTUCKYBlifEMBER 16.2001mjONSIVE'

i immjmiTS mo- i bfO|IeKET#l]

S B ." ""\ ' "V

COMMISSION COPY

• 8/14/2019 T5 B70 Saudi Flights FBI Docs 1 of 4 Fdr- Jetlease Tab- Entire Contents- FBI Report (See T5 B69 Jetlease Fdr- Less

2/3

9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

2 5 D- - 2 8-0.3 5'(KLSJCM:jcm " - x " " - - - . . ^Lead Control Number DS1.97

The following investigation ..was conducted bySupervisory Senior Resident Agertt.. (SSRA)I I andSpecial Agent (SA) I I-.concerning the departureof a Saudi Arabian group in Lexington /Kentucky, for theKeeneland horse auction.

Beginning on September 14, 2001, S SR AI I SA| \d theLexington Resident Agency became aware that agroup of Saudi Arabian nationals had come to Lexington,Kentucky, for purposes of attending the Keeneland horseauctions . In light of the September 1, 2001 terrorist events,this group desperately wanted to depart the United- States forSaudi A rabia. A fter repeated unsu ccess ful attempts to obtainauthorization for the us ual Saudi Arabian government airplane(Gulfstream 4) to enter the United States, the group madearrangements for a chartered luxury Boeing 727 from Florida tofly to Lexington, Kentucky. A fter several delays this planearrived in Lexington, Kentucky, at 4:30 p.m. on September 16,2001.

The Saudi Arabian group was headed by H.R.H. PrinceA hmed Bin Dalman Bin Abdulaziz. It also included his son,H.R.H. Prince Sultan Bin Fahad Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz, whohad arrived from Florida with three companions on the eveningofSeptember 13, 2001. The following list was provided by groupcoordinator Amad O.H. Al -Biebi of those which would bedeparting on the chartered flight:

H.R.H. Prince Ahmed Bin Salman Bin AbdulazizAhmad O.H. Al-BiebiHashim A bdelmagid BashirAli Ben Mohamed AouniJesus CaldaJack Rusb ridgeSalah Al-HammadiEhab Abuagla Salim MohamedAhmed A . M. Al- HazmiTalal M.M. Al-MejradAnthony John Stafford (he departed earlier)Mohamed Osman Ahmed El-Marazki

REQ. 30-lb 000000001

3/3

Aboulsalam A. M. Al-Haddad 'Fahad A.A. Al ZeidH.R.H. Sultan Bin Fahad Bin Salman Abdulaziz

265D-NY-280350-LS2

Photocopies of all passports were obtained. Whenthe plane arrived, the crew was checked and it was inspectedb y SSRA i L S A i I a n d U.S. Customs officer I 1| |forany undeclared passengers, prior to anyoneboa rding. During boarding, each pass enger was identified bypassport by officer I I with SA I lobservina. Onlythe fourteen individuals noted ab ove (not including Staffordwho had ta ken an earlier flight) boa rded the chartered 727.The plan e was scheduled to fly to Goose Bay, Labrador forrefueling prior to continuing on to London, England, and thento Saudi Arabia.

The chartered plane was obtained from Jetlease USA,3700 Airport Road, Suite 204, Boca Raton, Florida 33431,telephone number 561-362-8282.Lexington Police officers hired as private securityfor the Saudi group advised four young men had flown up fromFlorida to be transported with Prince Ab du la ziz to Saudi

Arab ia, One of the four was the Prince's son, Sultan BinFahad Bin Salman Bin Abdulaz iz. Accompanying him were threeyoung men including Fahad A.A. Al-Zied, Talal M . M . Al-Mejrad,and Ahmed A . M . Al-Hazmi. The Prince's son has a diplomaticpassport. His passport 1-94 indicated he had entered the U.S .on Augu st 25, 2001. Lexingto n Police Detective Chris Whiteadvised the Prince and o ne of his companions were a ttendingthe American Language Academy, University of Tampa. The othertwo were either staff or companions of the Prince. Al-Zeidand Al- M ejrad (age 18) entered the U.S. on Augus t 27, 2001.

When questioned, group coordinator Al-Biebi advisedAl-Hazmi's full name is Ahmad Abdulrahman Mohamed Al-Hazmi.

Al-Hazmi entered the U.S. on July 25,2001. I n addition, his passport indicated he had entered theU.S. on January 23, 2001, at New York.

Attached are photocopies of all passports of thistraveling Saudi group.

Law Enforcement PrivacyREQ. 30-lb 000000002