support.ebsco.com cinahl plus with full text advanced searching tutorial
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- support.ebsco.com CINAHL Plus with Full Text Advanced Searching Tutorial
- Slide 2
- Welcome to EBSCOs CINAHL Plus with Full Text Advanced Searching tutorial, featuring CINAHL Plus with Full Text, the worlds most comprehensive source of full text for nursing and allied health journals. In this tutorial, you will learn how to make the most of the CINAHL Headings, as well as how to access Evidence-Based Care Sheets, Quick Lessons, and Continuing Education Modules.
- Slide 3
- Well begin by conducting a keyword search from the Advanced Search screen. Enter migraine in the Find field, check the Full Text limiter to restrict results to those including full text only, and then click Search to view a Result List of all articles that contain your term in one of the citation fields.
- Slide 4
- To search within the full text of the articles and citation fields, place a check in the box next to the expander Also search within the full text of the articles. You can automatically place an OR between search terms by clicking the radio button for the Find any of my search terms search mode. To further expand your results, place a check in the box for Apply related words.
- Slide 5
- SUBJECT TERMS: Searching for subject terms can also be useful. The CINAHL Editorial staff has assigned subject terms based on article content, resulting in broader results when you click the Suggest Subject Terms box above the Find field, prior to conducting a search. You can also click on the CINAHL Headings link along the top toolbar to browse for appropriate subject terms.
- Slide 6
- EXAMPLE: Check the Suggest Subject terms box, then enter migraine in the Find field and click Search. A list of appropriate CINAHL headings, or subject terms, appears, defaulted to Relevancy Ranked. Note that your search term appears at the bottom of the list with the option to search it as a keyword instead of a subject term.
- Slide 7
- MAJOR CONCEPT: To the right of the subject terms list is a Major Concept option which, when selected, will restrict results to those articles in which your chosen subject is a major focus. For details about this option, click on the Help icon beside it.
- Slide 8
- EXPLODING TERMS: Subject terms are arranged in a hierarchy, to permit searching at various levels to find the most precise terms. Check the box next to a subject term in the Explode column to retrieve all references indexed to it, as well as all references indexed to any narrower term(s). For details about this option, click on the Help icon beside it.
- Slide 9
- SUBHEADINGS can improve the precision of a search, and are shown when you click on any subject term in the list. Add them to your search by checking the box in front of any subheading(s) appropriate to your research, choose a Boolean operator from the drop-down list and then click on the Search Database button.
- Slide 10
- Additional information about a SUBHEADING appears in a new window, when you click on the Scope link beside it.
- Slide 11
- RESULT LIST: Note that the Result List can include links to source types, such as CEUs (continuing education unit modules), Research Instruments, and Search Strategies. Some articles include full text in both PDF and HTML formats which, when opened, can be printed, emailed, saved to your computer, or exported.
- Slide 12
- FOLDERS: Click on the Add to folder link to collect results in the (temporary) session folder. To save results beyond the current session, log in to My EBSCOhost and either create a free folder account, or sign in to an existing folder account.
- Slide 13
- Click on the EVIDENCE-BASED CARE SHEETS or QUICK LESSONS link to view a list of all available topics on which these documents are available. Simply check the box in front of any item in the list and click on the Search button.
- Slide 14
- The document will be displayed in the result list. Click the PDF Full Text link to view the Quick Lesson. To access the CINAHL Continuing Education Unit Modules, click the CE Module link and follow the directions to enroll with CINAHL.
- Slide 15
- HELP: Click on the Help link to view the complete online help manual, and visit our support site at http://support.ebsco.com to browse our Knowledge Base of FAQs, download Help Sheets, User Guides and online tutorials, or see whats new in our Top Stories. This concludes the CINAHL Plus with Full Text Advanced Searching tutorial.
View more >
CINAHL with CINAHL Plus CINAHL CINAHL CINAHL Plus Full ... EBSCOç¤¾ه‚کن¸‹مپ®CINAHL Information Systems
Support.ebsco.com Pesquisa CINAHL Tutorial. Bem-vindo ao tutorial da Pesquisa CINAHL do EBSCO, que apresenta a base de dados CINAHL, o recurso mais abrangente
CINAHL with Full Text - fnopi.it ?· support.ebsco.com CINAHL with Full Text ricerca avanzata guidata…
SEARCHING THROUGH EBSCO MEDLINE AND CINAHL WITH FULL TEXT prepared by Literature Searching Team Library, Faculty of Medicine, UGM 2012