support the national minimum wage
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe national minimum wage is up for review. Lets make sure the government continues to support it. Join the campaign http://www.minimumwage.org.uk
- 1.Were celebrating..
2. On 1 April 2009 the national minimum wage is 10 years old. 3.
- Before it was introduced, people earned as little as 1.20 an hour
- It guarantees nearly everyone working in the UK a basic hourly rate
- Now its up for review
- And youve got a say in what happens
- Improve it support the uprating of the national minimum wage.
- Extend it to cover apprentices.
- Make it fair scrap the age bands that discriminate against young workers.
- Enforce it make sure workers know about it and employers pay it.
Defend and improve the national minimum wage 8.
- Increasing the national minimum wage to a fair rate for all workers would help boost spending and stimulate the economy.
- At a time like this it's even more important that the national minimum wage continues to be properly supported by the government.
- Join the campaign
- Support the national minimum wage