storytelling and the art of influence
out of 27
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. #WFwebinar The presentation will begin at the top of the hour. A dial in number will not be provided. Listen to todays webinar using your computers speakers or headphones. Welcome to the webinar!
- 2. #WFwebinar Tools You Can Use Audio Control A dial in number will not be provided. Adjust the volume on your computer or headphones
- 3. #WFwebinar Questions and Handouts You can submit questions by clicking on this icon here. You can download a PDF of the slide deck by clicking here.
- 4. #WFwebinar 1. May I receive a copy of the slides? YES! Click on the handouts list located on the right portion of your screen. 2. May I review the webinar recording at a later date? YES! You may log in again using todays link to review the presentation on-demand. 3. Is this webinar HRCI or SHRM certified? YES! The HRCI and SHRM certification codes will be sent in the same follow up email as the recording FrequentlyAskedQues0ons
- 5. Story-Telling BritWi5man DirectorofExecu0veCompensa0on IntelCorpora0on
- 6. BritYoure doinggreat!
- 7. $ $
- 8. This is your brain on stories
- 9. ConsequencesContext Climax Catalyst Resolu2on ThePoint
- 10. = TwoGuysinSriLanka Black-ScholesThatslikea heat-sinkequa2on,right? Butyouhaventseenalltheslidesyet! Denitely!...Maybe?
- 11. INTELCONFIDENTIAL A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- 12. Does This Look Familiar In Presentations You Have Suffered Through? Remember that presentation slides should support for your presentation and not be a substitute for you. With this much text, this is a document, not a presentation slide. You can simply stay home and email this to your audience sparing everyone the pain of going through a presentation like this. SERIF TYPE FACES LIKE THIS ONE ARE BEST FOR PRINTED PUBLICATIONS, NOT PRESENTATATIONS. PUTTING EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS MAKES IT HARD TO READ. There is no relief for the eyes. Whenever you try to crowd too much information into a visual, it detracts from your message. Slides with this much text basically communicate . . . nothing! The audience tuned out when the slide appeared on the screen, all they see is blah, blah, blah . . .
- 13. Eliminate as much text as you possibly can
- 14. No Bullets
- 15. Current Percentage of Women that Buy SmartPhones 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Men 70 65 55 53 48 54 50 Kids 10 12 14 12 8 11 11 Women 20 23 28 30 26 34 35 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 Percent Total Sales Disclaimer: Totally fictitious nonsense data for illustrative purposes only. Your mileage may vary. Do not use when operating heavy equipment or vehicles. If you use charts and graphs like this drowsiness is sure to occur.
- 16. INTELCONFIDENTIAL Hi-K Metal Gate Strained Silicon 3D Transistors 65 nm 45 nm 32 nm 22 nm 14 nm 10 nm 7 nm90 nm Enabling new devices with higher functionality and complexity while controlling power, cost, and size 22 Predictable Silicon Track Record Execu2ngto MooresLaw
- 17. INTELCONFIDENTIAL
- 18. #WFwebinar Registerforthenextwebinar! The Science of Motivation: Why Workplace Motivation Is So Hard and How to Overcome Resistance Tuesday, August 15, 2017 Webinars start at 2 p.m. Eastern / 11 a.m. Pacific Register for all upcoming Workforce Webinars at workforce.com/webinars
View more >