stop smoking, ngo
Post on 26-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. STOP SMOKING, NGO
2. HISTORY AND ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND 3.
- Stop smoking, NGO was established in 1998 as a first NGO specialized in tobacco control field in Slovakia with the goal to develop activities in tobacco control. Our program concludes actions from smoking prevention campaigns up to cooperate on smoking cessation courses. One of our
- efforts is to enforce the use of Law for non-smokers protection in Slovakia and to support international programs in tobacco control.
5. GOALS 6.
- OBJECTIVES OF STOP SMOKING, NGO:
- 1. Development and realization of activities focused on smoking prevention and smoking cessation.
- 2. Presentation of interests and protection of non - smokers rights.
- 3. Protection of passive smoking in family environment especially children and youths.
- 4. Education and prevention among young people, workshops, seminars and other educational activities.
- 5. Provide medical and legal consulting, smoking cessation courses, publishing of material and information bulletins.
- 6. Participate in national and international projects focused on tobacco control.
- 7. Organization national and international campaigns against smoking.
9. ACTIVITIES AND ITS BENEFICIARIES 10.
- FCA FCTC Monitor Project monitored and evaluated implementation of FCTC in countries around the world.
- Smokefree Class Competition International preventive programme focused on pupils and students, in school year 2008/2009 was its 4 year.
- Adolescent smoking cessation Project was aimed at smoking cessation of youth in the age of 15 -18.
- Health Professionals and Smoking in Larger Europe- The aim of project was to introduce activities and project of individual participating countries focused on role of health professionals doctors and nurses in fulfilment of effective measure for smoking cessation promotion at European level, in nicotine dependence issues,
- active and passive smoking, on intervention possibilities of GPs in cessation process through workshops, seminars and lectures.
- ETS EuroSurvey 2005 Prevalence of Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke - Project was focused on field measurement of natural working and living environment pollution by tobacco smoke and also extent of exposure of non - smoker community to passive smoking in different places of stay and subsequent comparison of gathered results within participated countries.
- IMPASHS Evaluation of the impact of smokefree policies in MS on exposure to secondhand smoke and tobacco consumption - Project analyses the existing policies on SHS control in EU and their impact on SHS exposure and tobacco consumption and develops a system of indicators to evaluate and monitor them.
- ACCESS Access strategies for teen smoking cessation in EUROPE - Project focuses on optimizing access ways to motivate young smokers to use effective smoking cessation interventions.
- FAQT Families and Adolescents Quit Tobacco Project aims to complement EU policies on smoking
- prevention and cessation by adding to knowledge about smoking prevention and cessation in adolescents and contributing with new methodologies for health information and knowledge dissemination regarding smoking.
- Stop Smoking Football Tourney of Young Players Traditionally organised in World No Tobacco Day(31st May) 10 th anniversary in 2009
- Smoke free workplace- Lectures and discussion meetings, measurements of CO in particular workplace organised by company as a part of social care of employer
- Healthy day- Lectures and discussion meetings, measurements of CO - National Council of SR, banks, Health Insurance company, etc.
- Children conferences- Project aimed to improve cooperation between schools and within schools, between teachers and pupils and
- development of childrens talent (as a artist,cancer, photographer, actor, poet)- Establishment and running of website www.stopfajceniu.sk - this page six months after its creation became the most visited in the field of drug dependence prevention in Slovakia. Page contains medical and legal consulting
- and as the only one regularly shows media monitoring in tobacco control field in Slovakia.
21. NEEDED DONATIONS 22.
- Financial support
- 1.bank transfer
- 2.postal order
- 3.via internet banking
- Account name:Stop fajeniu
- Bank name: Tatra banka, a.s.
- Bank account number:266 525 0089 / 1100
- SWIFT Code : TATRSKBX
- Recipient name :Stop fajeniu, o.z .
- 4.Financial gift
- How you coud offer us financial gift?
- Tax advantageuos of donors legal body, natural person
- Personal delivery of financial gift in Stop Smoking residence
- During events, campaigns and public financial campaign of Stop Smoking, we will inform you in time.
- Material gift
- Free providing service
- Voluntary job
24. CONTACT INFORMATION 25.
- Contact: Stop Smoking, NGO Krajinsk 91 825 50 Bratislava, Slovak Republic E-mail: [email_address] , [email_address] Phone: + 421 - 905-438 638 Phone / Fax: + 421 - 2 - 4552 6651 www.stopfajceniu.sk
- Bank account number: 266 525 0089 / 1100 Bank Address: Tatra banka, a.s., Hodzovo namestie 3,811 06 Bratislava 1, Slovakia Swift Code: TATRSKBX