steve jobs 1955 - 2011 steve jobs 1955 - 2011 a history of vision
out of 20
Post on 21-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011 Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011 A history of vision
- Slide 2
- Birth. 1955: Steve is born in San Francisco on February 24th and adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View, California.
- Slide 3
- Atari. 1974: He takes a job at videogame company Atari but leaves after a few months to travel to India.
- Slide 4
- Building the future. Steve and his friend Steve Wozniack build a prototype computer in Jobs' garage. They call it the Apple I.
- Slide 5
- Building an empire. 1976: Together with Ronald Wayne the two Steves found Apple Computers to sell their new inventions.
- Slide 6
- Putting the personal into computing. 1977. Apple launch the Apple II. It is the first mass market personal computer and will continue to be manufactured for the next 16 years.
- Slide 7
- Always one in every barrel. 1980. The all new Apple III is a failure. It was poorly constructed and damaged the Apple brand name.
- Slide 8
- Or maybe even two? 1983. The Apple Lisa is the first computer to be controlled by on screen icons that are clicked by a button! It is a commericial failure.
- Slide 9
- When it rains get a mac. 1984. The Mackintosh is launched to rave reviews but does little to help the company's sales.
- Slide 10
- Goodbye to all that. 1985. Apple closes half of its factories and 1200 people are made redundant. John Sculley forces Steve Jobs out of the company.
- Slide 11
- A new hope. 1986. Steve buys the computer graphics division of Lucasfilm.
- Slide 12
- The next step. 1988. Jobs founds NeXT Computing but its sales are poor with only 50,000 units being sold.
- Slide 13
- To infinity and...... 1995. Pixar release Toy Story, the full feature length movie to be entirely created by computers. It is a worldwide success.
- Slide 14
- Back to the core. 1996. Apple buy NeXT Computing and Jobs is back where he started.
- Slide 15
- The shape of things to come. 1998. Apple launch the iMac and it restores the company fortunes.
- Slide 16
- A space odyssey. 2001. The first iPod is launched and the way the world listens to music changes forever.
- Slide 17
- Build it and they will come. 2003. The iTunes music store opens it's virtual doors and the way we buy music changes forever.
- Slide 18
- Sent from my...... 2007. The iPhone is launched and the world is flabbergasted yet again!
- Slide 19
- Hello! 2010. The iPad changes the face of personal computing again.
- Slide 20
- Goodbye. 2011. Steve Jobs dies at home surrounded by his family. He had suffered from a rare form of pancreatic cancer for some time.
View more >