step by step seo guide for new bloggers
out of 35
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWant to blog but don't know where to start? Here's a complete starting kit for blogging. Start today!
- 1. Step by Step Guide toStarting a New Want to blog but dont know where to start? Heres a basic guide to blogging Rajasekar KS Https://twitter.com/ContentTribe
- 2. What are yourgoals? Begin with clear goals
- 3. Begin a new hobbyAdd to your regular earningsKeen to share your expertise in some areaPlan to quit your daytime job soonBuild authority as a subject matter expertConnect and network with a community
- 4. How much timedo you have forblogging? Warning! Theres going to be a fair bit of hard work
- 5. Are you willingto learn?
- 6. How to choose a theme to blogHow to promote your blogWhich platform to use blogger, wordpress,typepadWhich social media to deployWhat do your readers wantHow to use Google Analytics
- 7. How to selecta theme?
- 8. Start withyourpassion
- 9. Are youa gardening enthusiasta stamp collectora techiean astrology buffa basketball playeran environmentalistsomeone who has a lot of stories to saya bike or car crazy guy?
- 10. Convert yourpassion into a blog
- 11. Find out what youraudience wants
- 12. Google to find out what people are lookingfor around your chosen subjectIdentify a few topics to startPlan what readers want after each topicBuild content for each step of the readersinterest
- 13. How to Choose aname for yourblog?
- 14. Smart internet marketing is about choosing aname thats familiar (I mean a word already topof mind)Keep it small and memorable (makes it easy toremember and type)The best keyword for your blog should form partof your domain nameshopping.com. gadgetgifts.com,horoscopes.com, technews.com,guitarlessons.com
- 15. Congrats! Youvegot a keyword richdomain name foryour blog
- 16. Now, buy thedomain name
- 17. Choose a good registrarwww.godaddy.comwww.namecheap.comwww.name.comBook domain name for 5 to 10 years(This is a good indication of your long termplans)
- 18. Which bloggingplatform shouldyou choose?
- 19. Wordpress, blogger, typepad, moveable type arepopular blogging platformsBloggers drag and drop is easier for those whodont know even a bit of htmland dont want to learn basic codeThe rest need a bit of learning
- 20. What aboutHosting?
- 21. Costs $100 to 150 per year to host multiple blogsChoose a good companywww.bluehost.comwww.dreamhost.comwww.laughingsquid.uswww.livingdot.com
- 22. Ready withblogging platform!WHAT NEXT?
- 23. You must write at least 300 words per blog postWrite 10 posts before you publish your blogPost two to four articles a month
- 24. Write an SEO-friendlytitle for your blog?
- 25. Choose the most important keyword phrasesfor your blog and write the titleThe title is very important as it informs readersand search engines what the blog is about
- 26. CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather,Entertainment ...Gift Ideas: Christmas Gifts, Gift Baskets, GiftCards, Wedding GiftsSee how clearly they indicate what the site isabout
- 27. How to write a Search EngineFriendly Description
- 28. When you search, the first line you seeon Google is the titleShoes, Clothing, and More | Zappos.comwww.zappos.com/Free shipping BOTH ways on shoes, clothing, and more! 365-day returnpolicy, over 1000 brands, 24/7 friendly customer service. 1-800-927-7671.Womens Shoes - Mens Shoes - Bags & Handbags - Kids ShoesThe next two lines the description
- 29. Readers tend to read the titleand descriptionbefore deciding to proceedto the site
- 30. Walmart: Shop Walmart Online for Low Prices onTop Brands in Computers, TVs, Toys, GPS, VideoGames, DVDs, Music, Apparel, Housewares, iPod,Photo, Grocery, ...Amazon.com: Online retailer of books, videogames, toys, music, and video recordings.Region 1 DVDs and prices in US dollars.JC Penney: Provides a variety of apparel for thewhole family, jewelry, housewares and homedecor, and shoes. Includes a gift registry,employment and credit card ...
- 31. Create a compellingdescription that converts wellLike a good pick up line
- 32. Writing blog post titles
- 33. Keyword rich and lesscompetitionKick butt headlines that maynot have the exact keywordstargeted
- 34. Use Google Keyword tool tofind the relevant keywordsLook for longer keywords that have decentnumber of searches and less competitionhttps://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool
- 35. Ready to BLOG?Share your feedback Send a quick question to rajasekar (DOT) india (AT) yahoo (DOT) com Or follow me here https://www.twitter.com/ContentTribe www.PositiveMantra.com
View more >