St.. basil's cathedral Made by: Olivia. Why was this landmark built? The spectacular St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow was commissioned by Ivan the Terrible.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- St.. basil's cathedral Made by: Olivia
- Slide 2
- Why was this landmark built? The spectacular St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow was commissioned by Ivan the Terrible in the 16th century to commemorate a military victory. It is easily the most famous sight on Red Square.
- Slide 3
- Where was this landmark built? The Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed, commonly known as Saint Basil's Cathedral, is a former church in Red Square in Moscow, Russia
- Slide 4
- Do you have to pay a fee to go to the St. Basil's Cathedral? Yes, you do have to pay to get into the St. Basil's Cathedral it is 15 dollars for adults and 5 dollars for children!
- Slide 5
- Little facts about the St. Basil's Cathedral St Basils Cathedrals full title is the Cathedral of the Protection of Most Holy Theotokos on the Moat The church is situation on Moscows Red Square, and was built between 1555 and 1561 Ivan the Terrible commissioned the building of the cathedral to commemorate the capture of the Tartar stronghold of Kazan The holy fool Basil the Blessed, who Ivan the Terrible was a big fan of, is the reason why the church is nicknamed St Basils Cathedral During the 1970s a wooden spiral staircase was discovered within one of the walls while restoration on the church was being carried out
- Slide 6
- Little facts about the St. Basil's Cathedral When it was built St Basils exterior walls and domes were not as colourful as they are today. This colour and detail was added 200 years after construction Since 1990 the church has been part of the Moscow Kremlin and Red Square UNESCO World Heritage Site Due to its proximity to the Kremlin, also on Red Square, it is often mistaken for the historic fortified complex During Stalins reign there was talk of demolishing St Basils as it got in the way of his plans for mass parades on Red Square
View more >
TOURS IN MOSCOW. Saint Basil's Cathedral It is situated in Red Square in Moscow. It was built from 155561 on orders from Ivan the Terrible and commemorates.
St. Basil's Cathedral. Where was built? Orthodox temple, located on the red square of China-town in Moscow. Widely known monument of Russian architecture.
St. Basils Cathedral By: Maria Christodoulou. Styles The cathedral was built on Red Square by the order of Ivan the Terrible throughout 1555-60. Architects:
RUSSIA LAND OF THE CZARS. St. Basils Cathedral Moscow Named after Basil the Fool holy man Ivan the Terrible ordered this cathedral built after his.
ST MUNGO'S CATHEDRAL, ? GLASGOW CATHEDRAL The organ was built by Henry Willis in 1879, ... Eight pistons
Along the Moscow River on a Motor Launch. The Route of the Excursion Old English Court The Kremlin Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral The Cathedral of.
ST PAULS CATHEDRAL. One of the greatest English churches, St Pauls Cathedral, is not far from the Tower of London. This building was built by the.
The Moscow Kremlin By Mathew Philippou. Where? The Kremlin is located in Moscow It is overlooking the Moskva River to the south, Saint Basil's Cathedral.
Moscow and St. Petersburg Trip highlights this short trip, we explore Russia's two most important cities in-depth. In Moscow, we take-in the Kremlin, the 16th century Saint Basil's Cathedral and ...
St Magnus Cathedral Magnus Cathedral Services ... The Cathedral Choir ... Comments Boxes one in the Cathedral and one in the St Magnus Centre.
Sub Organist - St Paul's Cathedral Organist - JOB...Sub Organist The Chapter of St ... current Cathedral was built between 1675 and 1710 by Sir Christopher Wren. ... Displaying a consistently professional attitude to ...