southern africa geography
out of 20
Post on 29-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Southern Africa Geography
- South Africa
- Southern Africa is made up of
- Plateaus in Nambia
- A plateau is an area made up of land that rises
- directly into the air from a narrow plain.
- An escarpment is the steep face at the edge of
- the plateau or other raised area.
- ~Both the mountains and the plains play important roles in Southern Africas geography.
- ~The mountains serve as borders between neighboring countries.
- Can you guess what animals you might in the plains of Southern Africa?
- Drakensberg Mountain Range are located in South Africa. Dragon Mountains
- Inyanga Mountains are located between Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
- Climate and Vegetation
- Southern Africa also consist of:
- TROPICAL FORESTS
- A veld is an open grassland or savanna where short trees and shrubs grow.
- Hold your horses
- Not all of Southern Africa is desert, Madagascar is in fact mostly tropical forest.
- More natural resources
- Minerals are #1
- South Africa South Africa, Botswana, Namibia
- Coal Platinum Copper Uranium Iron Ore
- Why is this ironic? (think about Central Africa)
View more >
Southern Africa. Continent of Africa Physical Geography The Big Idea Southern Africa’s physical geography includes a high, mostly dry plateau, grassy
Journal of Geography Education for Southern Africa (JoGESA) 2016 Vol 1 No 1 (2).pdfآ Journal of Geography
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA Development Bank of Southern Africa Development Bank of Southern Africa Page
Ancient Africa 1500 B.C. – 1500 A.D.. African Geography Desert Sahara dominates northern Africa Kalahari largest desert in southern Africa Savanna Best
Contents Southern Africa Southern Africa Trust Organisational Strategy ... Southern Africa Development Community ... the blue economy