soul4 give presentation current
Post on 04-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- If we keep doing the same thing
- we will get the same results!
www.soul4give.com 4. Forgiveness is freeing up and putting to better use the energy once consumed by holding grudges, harbouring resentments, and nursing unhealed woundsSidney and Suzanne Simon www.soul4give.com 5. About us
- Soul4GIVE is a non-profit, Indigenous advocacy for the advancement of Indigenous well-being.
www.soul4give.com 6. Vision
- To learn from our past and forge new directions to ensure that every Indigenous family has total well-being.
www.soul4give.com 7. Mission Statement
- Raise the quality of life and the average life expectancy of Indigenous Australians through the promotion and delivery of holistic initiatives that promote mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being for individuals and communities.
www.soul4give.com 8. What we do
- We work with our communities and other organisations to identify and resolve issues affecting Indigenous Australians
- We address the needs of IndigenousAustralia by working with the communityon the four pillars of well-being namely;mental, social, spiritual, physicalwell-being.
How we do it Mental-Education Social-CommunicationPhysical-Nutrition Spiritual -Connection www.soul4give.com 10. Mental Well-being
- We deliver education programs to equipour people in offering qualified services to the community.
www.soul4give.com 11. Social Well-being
- We facilitate workshops for adults & youth
- Events & concerts
- Conferences & forums on key topics affecting the Indigenous Community
www.soul4give.com 12. Spiritual Well-being
- We share our stories with the community
- 4GIVE2LIVE Workshops
www.soul4give.com 13. Physical Well-being
- Earth box
- Walkabout forgiveness
- Nutrition and fitness workshops for all
www.soul4give.com 14. To keep us on track
- We run regular surveys of everyday families, children, parents, social workers, community leaders and Indigenous elders, so we can accurately represent the needs of the community.
- We commission university researchers to conduct in-depth research projects into important issues relating to Indigenous mental and physical health.
www.soul4give.com 16. What we know today
- Indigenous Australia is 3% (or 600,000) of the 21 Million people in Australia
- 60% of the total prison population nationwideareIndigenous
- The average life expectancy of an Indigenous male is59 years (2006)
- The average life expectancy of an Indigenous woman is 65 years (2006)
www.soul4give.com 17. Advocacy
- We want the best for our people, our future and will go the extra mile to ensure there is hope safety and wellness for Indigenous Australia and the wider community
www.soul4give.com 18. Background
- Soul4GIVE was conceived by Robbie Batzke, a Torres Strait Islander native,who has overcome separation from his family and community as a young man, the betrayal of trust by those who were supposed to care for him and the subsequent issues as an adult.His desire has always been to re-connect to his community and to heal, but how?Robbie is choosing toforgive .He is reaching out to the Indigenous community of Australia through Soul4GIVE.He believesforgivenessis an essential foundation for healing.
- Forgiveness can be a powerful healing agent. Sometimes it can be a starting block to a long series of steps. Or, it can be the completion of a process that has evolved or taken place for some time. Whether it is the end result or the beginning step is an act that may be essential in ones recovery.