Post on 19-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Sorting Databases Module 7 Lesson 2
- To arrange data in alphabetical or numerical order.
- Ascending:Sorting data in alphabetical order from A-Z or numerical order from 0-9.
- Descending:Sorting data the opposite of ascending order. (Z-A & 9-0)
3. Sort Ascending by Rank Descending by Rank 4. Sort Ascending by Rank Descending by Rank 5. Sort Ascending by Rank Descending by Rank 6. Primary/Secondary Sorts
- Primary key:The field selected as the unique identifier for the database.(i.e.Student number)
- Primary sort:The first field that a database is sorted on.
- Secondary sort:The second field that a database is sorted on.
Primary Key: Student No. Primary Sort: Last name (inDescending order) Secondary Sort: Age(in ascending order) 010 005 001 Student No. 10 16 Brown 8 14 Brown 6 12 Pate Grade Age Last Name 7. Sorting in Access You can use the icons on the tool bar to sort your data. ascending descending 8. Sorting in Access You can use the Advanced Sort. RecordFilterAdvanced Filter/Sort 9. Sorting in Access Choose your field and your sort order 10. Sorting in Access You can have a Primary Sort and Secondary Sorts 11. Sorting in Access Apply your Sort:FilterApply Filter/Sort 12. Sorting in Access View the results! Ascending by Name Descending by Age 13. Video Demonstration Click the button for a brief video.A new website will open, be sure to return to this presentation. 14.