song & rhyme book
out of 7
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Two Little Eyes Two little eyes to look around. Two little ears to hear each sound. Two little hands to touch the ground. One little nose to smell what's sweet. One little mouth that likes to eat. Ostrich An ostrich has two long legs And can lay many large eggs She's the largest of all the birds And she can't fly. Isn't that absurd? The Elephant The elephant goes like this and that, this and that, this and that. (Walk heavily and stomp feet loudly) The elephant goes like this and that, cause he's so big and fat! (Puff up cheeks and stretch out arms) He has no fingers and has no toes, He has no fingers and has no toes. (Wiggle fingers; wiggle toes) He has no fingers and has no toes, But goodness, gracious, what a nose! (Stick arms out like a long trunk.) Elephants have wrinkles! Elephants have wrinkles, wrinkles, wrinkles. Elephants have wrinkles. Wrinkles everywhere! On their toes. On their toes. No one knows, No one knows Why -y- y- y. Repeat adding knees, hips, ears, trunks, teeth Ostrich Here is the ostrich straight and tall Nodding his head above us all Here is the hedgehog prickly and small Rolling himself into a ball Here is the spider, scuttling around Treading so lightly on the ground Here are the birds that fly so high Spreading their wings across the sky Here are the children fast asleep And in the night the owls do peep Tuit tuwhoo, tuit tuwhoo. Elephants Trunk The elephant has a trunk for a nose (bend at waist, hold arms down like trunk) And up and down is the way it goes (sway arms) He wears such a saggy, baggy hide (sway arms) Do you think two elephants could fit inside? (shrug) An Elephant Went Out To Play (Action Song) An elephant went out to play On a spider web one day He (she) was having so much fun He (she) invited another one Come on (name) (Note: Have your children stand in a circle with one in the middle, each verse have them invite another student in.)
- 2. Five little monkeys Five little monkeys jumping on the bed, One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the Doctor and the Doctor said, "Put those monkeys straight to bed!" (repeat in descending order) One little monkey jumping on the bed, He fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the Doctor and the Doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" Actions: Five little monkeys -- with one hand hold up the number of fingers to match the verse. jumping on the bed -- bounce your fingers (monkeys) up and down on your other hand (the bed) One fell off -- hold up one finger and bumped his head -- hold head with both hands and rock head back and forth Mama called the Doctor and the doctor said -- dial the phone with one finger No more monkeys jumping on the bed -- shake index finger ("no no") Elephant One elephant went out to play Over the hills and far away She had such enormous fun That she called for another elephant to come. Oh Elephant! (repeat in ascending order) Way up high in an apple tree Way up high in an apple tree Two little apples smiled at me So I shook that tree as hard as I could Down came the apples Yum! They were good Five green and speckled frogs Five green and speckled frogs Sat on a speckled log Eating some most delicious bugs YYYYUUUUMMMM YYYYUUUUMMMM One jumped into the pool Where it was nice and cool Then there were Four green and speckled frogs GGGGLLLLUUUUBBBB GGGGLLLLUUUUBBBB (Repeat in descending order.) Five Little Ducks Five little ducks went out one day Over the hills and far away Mama duck said, "Quack, quack, quack, quack," but only four little ducks came waddling back... (repeat in descending order) No little ducks went out one day Over the hills and far away Mama duck said, "Quack, quack, quack, quack," and all five ducks came waddling back. Humpty Dumpty Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall Humpty Dumpty had a great fall All the Kings horses and all the Kings men Couldnt put Humpty together again.
- 3. Little Puppets One little puppet went out to play Over the hills and far away He found a friend hip hip hooray Now the two little puppets can play. Two little puppets went out to play Over the hills and far away They found a friend hip, hip, hooray Now the three little puppets can play (Continue to number 5) Little Monkeys One little monkey went out to play In the trees he swung all day He found a friend hip hip hooray Now the two little monkeys can play. Two little monkeys went out to play In the trees they swung all day they found a friend hip hip hooray Now the three little monkeys can play. (Continue to number 5) Little seeds Lots of little seeds planted in a row What do the seeds need to help them grow. Down came the rain and out came the sun And up came the flowers one by one. Baa Baa Black Sheep Baa Baa Black Sheep Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three bags full. One for the Master, One for the Dame And one for the little boy who lives down the lane. I'm a little seed I'm a little seed hiding deep in the ground, (child squats down and covers his head with his hands and arms) And the sun shines, and the rain falls, and I pop up my head, (quickly uncover head and look up on "pop") I reach up my leaves, (begin to stand and stretch arms up) And I stretch up to the sky, (stand tall and reach up) Now I'm a beautiful flower, (bring hands to side of face) Blowing in the breeze! (gently sway from side to side) Little Seed... sing to the tune of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" Little seed so small and round Pushed way down into the ground. With water and some sunshine glow God will help you grow, grow, GROW! Growing Song A little seed for me to sow A little earth to make it grow A little hole, a little pat, A little wish, and that is that, A little sun, a little shower. A little while - And then, a flower!
- 4. On the farmers apple tree On the farmers apple tree Five red apples I can see, Some for you and some for me Pick one apple from the tree. On the farmers apple tree Four red apples I can see Five little leaves Five little leaves so bright and gay, Were dancing about on a tree one day The wind came blowing through the town OoooooooooooOoooooooooooooooo One little leaf came tumbling down Four little leaves etc Five little sunflowers Five little sunflowers grew in a row One had no water so that didnt grow. Four little sunflowers grew in a row One was too hot so that didnt grow Three little sunflowers grew in a row A caterpillar ate one so that didnt grow Two little sunflowers grew in a row The wind bent one so that didnt grow One little sunflower grew all alone Soon she was the biggest little flower in town! Once I caught a fish alive 1,2,3,4,5, once I caught a fish alive, 6,7,8,9,10 then I let it go again. Why did you let it go because it bit my finger so which finger did it bite this little finger on my right. Five fierce dragons Five fierce dragons playing on the shore One fell down and that left four Four fierce dragons said lets have tea One had a cold and that left three Three fierce dragons went to the zoo One stayed behind and that left two Two fierce dragons looking for some fun One got the giggles and that left one One fierce dragon sitting in the sun He went to sleep and that left one. Three big balloons Three big balloons, yellow, green and blue One went pop And then there were two. Two big balloons, ready for some fun One went pop and then there was one. One big balloon, playing in the sun It went pop and then there were none. Flower pots Three little flower pots standing in a row What to do the flowers need to help them grow Down came the rain and out comes the sun Up come the flowers one by one One, two, three. Five little woolly lambs Five little woolly lambs in a field one day One little woolly lamb wandered far away Dont wander woolly lamb, dont wander far Mother sheep is calling Baa Baa Baa. Four little woolly lambs
- 5. Five Easter eggs (tune 5 current buns) Five Easter eggs in the sweet shop Round and fat with a ribbon on the top Along came with a penny one day Bought an Easter egg and took it right away. Four Here is the beehive Here is the beehive Where are the bees? Hiding away where nobody sees Watch them come creeping Out of their hive One, two, three, four, five. Lets do it again Number one, touch your tongue. Number two, touch your shoe Number three, touch your knee Number four, touch the floor. Number five, do the jive. Number six, pick up sticks. Number seven, point to heaven. Number eight, close the gate. Number nine, touch your spine. Number ten, Lets do it again! Five Currant Buns Five currant buns in a bakers shop, Round and fat with sugar on the top. Along came (choose a child), With a penny one day. Bought a currant bun and took it away. Four currant buns in a bakers shop Pirate ship When I was one I banged my drum the day I went to sea, I jumped aboard a pirate ship and the captain said to me, Were going this way, that way, forwards, backwards over the Irish sea, A bottle of milk to warm my tum and thats the life for me. When I was two I lost my shoe the day I went to sea When I was three I banged my knee the day I went to sea When I was four I knocked the door the day I went to sea When I was five I learned to dive the day I went to sea Five Crispy Pancakes Five crispy pancakes in a frying pan, Flip them and toss them and catch them if you can. Along came (choose a child), For a pancake one day Sprinkled it with sugar and took it awa
View more >