Post on 16-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
2. 3. 4. As of February 2011, YouTube has 490 million unique users worldwide per month, who rack up an estimated 92 billion page views each month. We spend around 2.9 billion hours on YouTube in a month over 325,000 years. And those stats are just for the main YouTube website they dont incorporate embedded videos or video watched on mobile devices. 5. 6. Facebook offers three types of tools, each with a different set of features and intended use. Profile . In casual language, most people refer to their personal Facebook presence as their Facebook page but actually, Facebook calls it a profile. This is where you connect with your high school friends. Connections are made when both people agree that they are friends . Page . Some people call this a fan page to separate it from their personal profile, which they mistakenly call their Facebook page. This is the tool Facebook intended for non-personal use for businesses, public figures, authors, and others. Connections are made when one person decides to become a fan of the page (and the business or person it represents). Group . This is a tool that allows people to link up based on a common interest or cause. Connections are made when one person decides to become a supporter of the group. You might join a group focused on a television show, a sports team, or a movie and interact with other people who support it. 7. 638,000,000 8.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
- More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) is shared each month.
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application.
- More than 150 million people engage with Facebook on external websites every month.
- Two-thirds of comScores U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScores Global Top 100 websites have integrated with Facebook.
- There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that access Facebook via mobile are twice as active than non-mobile users (think about that when designing your Facebook page).
- The average Facebook user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events.
- People spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
- There are more than 1 million entrepreneurs and developers from 180 countries on Facebook .
9. 10. 11.
- Twitters web platform only accounts for a quarter of its users 75% use third-party apps.
- Twitter gets more than 300,000 new users every day.
- There are currently 110 million users of Twitters services.
- Twitter receives 180 million unique visits each month.
- There are more than 600 million searches on Twitter every day.
- Twitter started as a simple SMS-text service.
- Over 60% of Twitter use is outside the U.S.
- There are more than 50,000 third-party apps for Twitter.
- Twitter has donated access to all of its tweets to the Library of Congress for research and preservation.
- More than a third of users access Twitter via their mobile phone .
12. 13. 14.
- LinkedIn is the oldest of the four sites in this post, having been created on May 5 2003.
- There are more than 70 million users worldwide.
- Members of LinkedIn come from more than 200 countries from every continent.
- LinkedIn is available in six native languages English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Oracles Chief Financial Officer, Jeff Epstein, was headhunted for the position via his LinkedIn profile.
- 80% of companies use LinkedIn as a recruitment tool.
- A new member joins LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn receives almost 12 million unique visitors per day.
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are on LinkedIn. Recruiters account for 1-in-20 LinkedInprofiles.
15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36.