snapshot of digital india - december 2013
out of 28
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA round-up of how the online space; in terms of connectivity, smartphone and tablet use, social media users, current events on social media, etc.; has changed and grown in the past one year.
- Snapshot of Digital India August 2013
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 CONNECTIVITY (August 2012) 31 million (November 2012) 30 million LANDLINE (February 2013) - 29 million (November 2013) - 29.28 million (August 2012) 934.09 million (November 2012) 890 million MOBILES (February 2013) - 892.02 million (November 2013) 870.58 million
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 (August 2012) 123 million (February 2013) 150 million (November 2012) 137 million (November 2013) 205 million INTERNET CONNECTIONS BROADBAND CONNECTIONS (August 2012) 14.82 million INTERNET THROUGH MOBILE (August 2012) 14.82 million (November 2012) 78.7 million (November 2012) 15.08 million (November 2013) 15.36 million (February 2013) 15 million (February 2013) 87.1 million (November 2013) 110 million
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 SOME STATISTICS ON CONNECTIVITY Mumbai has the highest number of internet users (12 million) followed by Delhi (8.1 million) and Hyderabad (4.7 million) Year-on-Year growth in the number of Internet users : 40% 64% of Indian mobile users are male Number of internet users in urban India: 137 Million Number of mobile internet users in rural India: 25 million Number of internet users in rural India: 68 Million Number of mobile internet users in urban India: 85 million The penetration of mobiles is highest (75%) among the age group of 19-24 years More than 65% of Indian mobile users are below 35 years of age
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 BROADBAND SPEEDS ACROSS COUNTRIES HONG KONG Speed (Mbps): 71.43 SOUTH KOREA Speed (Mbps): 47.18 SINGAPORE Speed (Mbps): 52.78 ROMANIA Speed (Mbps): 49.85 BRAZIL Speed (Mbps): 9.17 JAPAN Speed (Mbps): 40.74 SWEDEN Speed (Mbps): 42.06 USA Speed (Mbps): 20.74 INDIA Speed (Mbps): 4.15
- GLOBAL SMARTPHONE MARKET SHARES By Brand Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 By Operating System 35 % 81.0 % 13.4 % 12.9 % 5.1 % 3.6 % 4.8 % 1.7 % 4.3 % 0.6 % 37.3 % Others Others
- INDIAN SMARTPHONE MARKET SHARES By Brand By Operating System Others 23% 90% 21% 10% 06% 04% 34% 01% Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 Others 10% *Operating system figures unchanged since August 2013 owing to lack of availability of published research
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 YEAR-ON-YEAR GROWTH IN THE INDIAN MOBILE HANDSET MARKET - 2013 Mobile Handsets: 62.9 million (8.3%) Feature Phones: 51.8 million (-3.7%) Smartphones: 11.1 million (123%) PERCENTAGE SHARE OF MOBILE HANDSET PAGEVIEWS BY OPERATING SYSTEM 24.4% 32% 14.8% 12% 1%
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 GLOBAL TABLET MARKET SHARES By Brand 7.4% 29.6% 4.8% 20.4% Others 35.3% 2.5% By Operating System 0.2% 67% 28.3% 4.5% *Operating system figures unchanged since August 2013 owing to lack of availability of published research
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 INDIAN TABLET MARKET SHARES By Brand 4.3% 19% 8.5% 6.4% 7.8% By Operating System 1% 88% 10% 1% *Operating system figures unchanged since August 2013 owing to lack of availability of published research
- DESKTOP BROWSER MARKET SHARES Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 Global 39.1% 28.83% 20.43% 8.27% 1.19% 2.14% India 49.5% 29% 15.4% 2.19% 1.78% 1.35%
- MOBILE BROWSER MARKET SHARES Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 Global 25.68% 23.68% 19.23% 10.48% 5.86% 4.78% 2.88% India 31.4% 30.7% 12% 10.35% 7.9% 0.9% 2.19%
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 SOCIAL MEDIA NUMBER OF USERS: GLOBAL 1.15 billion 130+ million 500+ million 70 million 500+ million 238+ million 267 million
- SOCIAL MEDIA NUMBER OF USERS: INDIA 115 million 77.49 million 20 million Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 23 million (active users 36.9 million)** 55 million 8.12 million 2.93 million *Number of users for G+ and Pinterest unchanged since August 2013 owing to lack of availability of published research ** Based on Washington Posts report: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/business/twitter-ipo-world/
- SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS - GLOBAL Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 700 YouTube video links are shared on Twitter every minute 70% of B2C marketers have acquired a customer through Facebook 43% of marketers in USA have found a customer through LinkedIn 50% of technology companies have acquired a customer through Twitter 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within 1 hour 41% of online B2C marketers use Google+, compared to 39% of B2B marketers Tumblr users spend an average of 14 minutes per visit, about a minute-and-a-half longer than the average Facebook visit, and a few minutes longer than the average Twitter visit
- SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS - INDIA Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 India is predicted to become the 2nd highest internet user after China by 2014 and overtake the number of internet users in USA Blogs have seen year-on-year growth of 48% making it the fastest growing web category Only 9% of the active internet users transact online Over 40% of searches on Google originate from mobile devices 30% of Facebook users in India are mobile-only Internet users and 30% of new registrations come through mobile
- SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS - INDIA Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 India has recorded the highest social networking growth of 37.4% in 2013 India has 7.59% of market share for Facebook and a penetration of 7.7% of total population For Facebook there are 76% male users and 24% female users in India, compared to 46% and 54% in the United States and 47% and 53% in Brazil Vodafone India Official Facebook page has the highest number of Likes. Telecom and mobile brands top the list of number of Likes in India 10,000 full-length Indian movies and 95% of Indias music catalogue, both in Hindi as well as regional languages is available on YouTube
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND ELECTIONS - 2014 Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 As per a recent Google survey, social media can have an impact on around 30 per cent seats in Lok Sabha Elections 2014. It is likely to influence 160 of Indias 543 Parliament constituencies, making Facebook and Twitter users the nations newest voting bloc Narerdra Modi has the highest number of twitter followers (2.8Mn) amongst the politicians - Top 5 Politician Facebook Fan Pages in India Narendra Modi Arvind Kejriwal Vasundhara Raje Vijay Goel Mamata Banerjee Sonia Gandhi Arvind Kejriwal - Top 5 Most Mentioned Indian Politicians Narendra Modi Rahul Gandhi Manmohan Singh
- Sachins 200th Test Match on Social Media Snapshot of Digital India December 2013
- SACHIN TENDULKAR ADDS A SOCIAL MEDIA RECORD TO HIS LIST! Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 #ThankYouSachin A lot of contests leveraged the match too. 4 million Views for the Digigraph 3 million tweets with the hash tag A thank you message came from Sachin Tendulkar himself, acknowledging the campaign becoming the most retweeted tweet in India, with the counter standing at 16,888 RTs and 11,389 favorites. *Digigraph - Digigraph A website through which customized images with messages from Sachin got generated as soon as a tweet with the #ThankYouSachin was sent.
- STAR SPORTS: I WAS THERE CAMPAIGN Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 Each stand was photographed at regular durations during the match. People could select their stand, download the photograph of that stand, tag themselves, and share it across social media. Star sports.com: 3.5 million visitors for the test series
- Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 SAKRI : 10 DAYS OF 10 TENDULKAR CONTEST A series of contests like quizzes, messages, etc. were done over a period of 10 days and the prize was a bat autographed by Sachin Tendulkar.
- KASPERSKY CONTEST ON FACEBOOK Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 Participants had to answer questions about Sachin Tendulkar and those who got all the answers correct had a chance to win either an autographed bat or a chance to meet Sachin Tendulkar.
- TWITTER CONTESTS Snapshot of Digital India December 2013
- SOURCES Snapshot of Digital India December 2013 http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/11/05/india-telecoms-users-idINL3N0IQ32820131105 http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/PressRealease/Document/PR-TSD-Sep,%2013.pdf http://www.iamai.in/PRelease_detail.aspx?nid=3222&NMonth=11&NYear=2013 http://www.iamai.in/PCov_Detail.aspx?nid=3220&NMonth=11&NYear=2013 http://indiatechonline.com/it-happened-in-india.php?id=1145 http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24442013 http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/28/huawei-overtakes-lg-in-smartphonemarket-share-during-q3/ http://www.telecomlead.com/smart-phone/samsung-india-smartphone-marketshare-reaches-34-micromax-21-apple-1-5-in-q3-canalys-19200/ http://www.telecomlead.com/smart-phone/samsung-india-smartphone-market-s hare-reaches-34-micromax-21-apple-1-5-in-q3-canalys-19200/ http://gs.statcounter.com/?PHPSESSID=4odfr4tnq77njppb04rfjldlp2#mobile_browser -IN-monthly-201210-201310 http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24420613 http://www.telecomlead.com/tablets/tablet-market-share-in-q2-samsung-micromax-karbonn-lead-84957/ http://cmrindia.com/india-overall-tablet-shipments-in-april-june-2013-touch-1-15-million-units-market-regains-momentum-to-clock-over-a-million-units-perquarter-with-devices-from-as-many-as-70-vendors/ http://www.exchange4media.com/53235_facebook-twitter-users-the-nations-newest-voting-bloc.html http://blog.digitalinsights.in/social-media-facts-and-statistics-2013/0560387.html http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/info-tech/number-of-facebook-users-in-india-rises-to-65-m/article4009275.ece http://www.thehi
View more >