smart energy meter (updated)
out of 28
Post on 25-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is GSM based smart energy meter. programmed using c and operates on AVR atmega32 controller.
- 1. GSM based Smart Energy Meter Date: 2014- - Time: - : - : - Units: - - - - - kWhBill: Rs: - - - - - Phase Fault Rev Cal Smart Energy Meter Phase PhaseNeutral Neutral Single Phase, Two wire Digital kWh meter From MSEB To home
- 2. Introduction The present system of energy metering as well as billing in India uses electromechanical and somewhere digital energy meter. It consumes more time and labour. One of the prime reasons is the traditional billing system which is inaccurate. Many times slow, costly, and lack in flexibility as well as reliability. Today accuracy in electricity billing is highly recommended. The smart energy meter gives real power consumption as well as accurate billing. It provides real time monitoring of electricity uses It is less time consuming and cost effective.
- 3. Introduction Continue An electricity meter or energy meter is a device that measures the amount of electric energy consumed by a residence, business, or an electrically powered device. But sometimes the limited functionality of these meters restricts their area of application; especially in inaccessible positions or in the area. A possible solution is a Wireless Energy Meter (WEM) which is able to send its data via wireless communication to a PC or a remote device where monitoring and analysis of the data will be easily made. This measurement system is aimed to be used in measuring energy related quantities such as units consumed, consumed power, active load etc. of a house.
- 4. Introduction Continue RTC is the heart of this system. All operations are done using real time clock. This meter consist of digital clock, implemented using DS1307 IC. This document describes the design and implementation of a digital GSM based Smart Energy Meter based on AVR microcontroller. Sending details to consumer or utility company through SMS using GSM network by the microcontroller is a distinct feature of this project. AD7751 is used to measure the real power and convert it into frequency for further analysis.
- 5. History of Meter In past years, the most common type of electricity meter was the electromechanical induction watt-hour meter. The electromechanical meter operates by counting the revolutions of a non-magnetic, but electrically conductive, metal disc which is made to rotate at a speed proportional to the power passing through the meter. The number of revolutions is thus proportional to the energy usage. From previous decade, electronic meters were widely used. Electronic meter display the energy used, on an LCD or LED display, and some can also transmit readings to remote places. In addition to measuring energy used, electronic meters can also record other parameters of the load and supply such as instantaneous and maximum rate of usage demands.
- 6. History of Meter Continue Today Solid-state energy meters are being used. Solid-state energy meter has a power supply, a metering engine, a processing and communication engine (i.e. a microcontroller), and other add-on modules such as RTC, LCD display, communication ports/modules and so on. The metering engine is given the voltage and current inputs and has a voltage reference, samplers and quantizers followed by an ADC section to yield the digitised equivalents of all the inputs. These inputs are then processed using a digital signal processor to calculate the various metering parameters such as powers, energies etc. The processing and communication section has the responsibility of calculating the various derived quantities from the digital values generated by the metering engine. This also has the responsibility of communication using various protocols and interface with other add-on modules connected as slaves to it.
- 7. Block diagram metering engine Processing section
- 8. Description 1. Metering engine AD7751 CT Phase
- 9. Description 2. Processing section RTC Isolator Processor LCD Display GSM GSM Module Keypad
- 10. Description IC AD7751 is used to measure the real power consumed by consumer. The IC uses current transformer to measure the current which is proportional to current flowing through load. A resistive network is used to sense the proportional voltage, delivered at load. Then real power is converted into frequency. This frequency is given to controller via optocoupler. AVR ATmega32 is used for processing and controlling all external peripherals connected to the microcontroller. Microcontroller calculates the consumed energy from frequency provided by AD7751. Two timers: Timer0 and Timer1 are used. Timer1 is used to calculate period of 15 seconds. The seconds are provided by RTC. SEM consist of GSM module sim300. This module is used to send information related to consumed energy and bill to the consumers mobile phone and also to the utility company. When a when we call to the meter, meter disconnects it and sends SMS back to the registered number along with detail information
- 11. Parameters to be monitored Units of a month. Bill of a months. Real (True) Power. Load on a line. Last unit details.
- 12. Real look of Smart Energy Meter
- 13. Real look of Smart Energy Meter
- 14. Real look of SMS send by controller.
- 15. Features Highly accurate. Real time operation. Fully automated. Live billing display facility. Previous units display facility. Get bill detail in one missed call.
- 16. Advantages High accuracy. Low cost. Reliable. No need of continuous GSM network.
- 17. Disadvantages Billing system fails if no GSM Network coverage. Charges may be applicable for network use. Requires fixed GSM number.
- 18. Thank you
View more >
SIMPLE AND COST EFFICIENT SMART METER ANTENNA ?· application notes last updated on ... simple and cost…
Smart Community in Japan - ?· Role of smart meter With the smart meter, CEMS performs automated meter…
Electric Company Smart Meter Deployments: Meter...Electric Company Smart Meter Deployments: Foundation for a Smart Grid 1 ... and more convenient electric service. Electric Company Smart Meter Deployments:
Smart Meters and Smart Meter Systems: A Metering ?· Printed in the United States of ... Smart Meter…
Vulnerable consumers and the smart meter rollout ?· Vulnerable consumers and the smart meter rollout…
Communicating Smart Meter Value - ?· Communicating Smart Meter Value ... Via Opt-in Programs The Green…
Leveraging smart meter data to recognize home appliances ?· Leveraging smart meter data to recognize…
OPERATOR’S - Campbell Scis. Smart Turbidity Meter with ClearSensor ... OBS500 Smart Turbidity Meter with ClearSensor