Six Great Crafts You Can Make - A How To Guide
out of 14
Post on 10-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONMaking your own craft projects can be a fun way to experiment with materials, exercise your creativity and make something unique. This guide shows you some quick and easy crafts that you can make at home.
- General Craft Projects Guide
- General Craft Projects Guide Six Great Handmade Crafts You Can Make Making your own crafts can be a fun way to experiment with materials, exercise your creativity and make something unique. In this guide, we will show you some quick and easy crafts that you can make at home. All you need are a few materials, which you can order online via our website. On a rainy afternoon you can have hours of fun putting together these great crafts. Here are three great craft ideas that you can make quickly and easily: Custom Decorated Jars These attractive glass jars can be used as wedding favours, party decorations or candle holders. Supplies: Lace Trim A Piece of Thin Ribbon A Piece of Wide Ribbon A Glass Jar Fabric Glue 1. The first step is to take the lace trim and glue it around the width of the glass jar. Once you have done this, glue the wide ribbon over top of the lace.
- General Craft Projects Guide 2. Next, tie the thinner ribbon or cord around the jar, finishing it off with a decorative bow. Its a simple effect, but it looks very attractive and stylish.
- General Craft Projects Guide Tea Lights and Decorative Holders These pretty custom made jar lids will hold your tea lights safely, so that you can add atmospheric candlelight to your next party or just used as ambience for your home all for a minimal cost! Supplies: Jar lids Tea lights Spray paint Washi tape 1. Start by using the spray paint to paint the lids of the jars the colour of your choice. Leave the lids so that they can dry.
- General Craft Projects Guide 2. Use the decorative washi tape to stick around the candles. This is a quick and easy project, but it looks very stylish and attractive. Do It Yourself Apothecary Jars Create a unique and exotic looking apothecary jar that you can use when decorating. Supplies: A Candlestick Holder Superglue A Glass Jar Ribbon Spraypaint
- General Craft Projects Guide 1. Begin by using the spray paint to colour the candlestick holder, as well as the bottom half of the glass jar. Leave both of them so that they can dry. 2. Add decorations to the jar, such as a pretty ribbon or some gems. Use the superglue to attach the bottom of the jar to the top of the candlestick. Make sure that you leave them for a while so that the glue can dry before you handle it.
- General Craft Projects Guide Tea Caddy Wooden Box with Glass Lid This elegant looking box is a great place to store a selection of teas, so that your guests can choose their favourite when they visit your home. Supplies: A Box With a Glass Lid Red Black Board Paint Black Board Paint (Black) Chalk Masking Tape
- General Craft Projects Guide 1. Start by painting the interior compartments of the box with the red paint, or another bright colour. 2. Then, use the black paint on the rest of the box. Make sure that you cover the edges near the glass with masking tape, so that you dont smudge the paint onto the glass.
- General Craft Projects Guide Needle Felted Heart Decorated With Ribbon These sweet little hearts make a great decoration, whether for the Christmas tree or just hung around the home. Supplies: Needle Felting Foam Pad Felting Needles Polystyrene Foam Heart Carded Wool, Grey, White and Red A Mixed Selection of Ribbons Felting Needle Holder Glue
- General Craft Projects Guide 1. Start by placing the polystyrene heart on the needle felting foam pad. Put the carded wool in small wads on top of the heart. Start by felting these into the heart by using the needle. 2. The felting needle tool contains five needles. It is safe to use with children, because it has a safety cap that will protect you from pricking yourself.
- General Craft Projects Guide 3. Next, use small pieces of carded wool in a different colour than the base. Roll them between your fingers and then start felting them on the heart as decorative dots. 4. Make a small groove at the top of the heart with scissors. Use a small amount of glue and squeeze it into the groove. Use the scissors to push one end of the decorative ribbon into the groove.
- General Craft Projects Guide Fabric Belt This fun and funky fabric belt can be decorated any way that you choose so you can really be creative with its design! Here is how it is made: Supplies: Various Colours of Chipboard Buttons 3MM Octagon HotFix Embellishments Assorted Colours of Fabric Markers Fabric Belt 1. Draw the grid onto the fabric belt with a disappearing pen. One corner to the other corner should measure 8cm.
- General Craft Projects Guide 2. Draw over the grid with your favourite colour of fabric marker. 3. Use the Hotfix Applicator to glue rhinestones or other decorations onto every intersection of the grid. You can do this by covering the hole on the shaft with your finger. Press the tip down onto the material and move your finger. The rhinestone will then be attached securely.
- General Craft Projects Guide 4. Use a needle and thread to sew the chipboard buttons onto all of the whole squares of the pattern. Have Fun Making Crafts! These are just some fun and creative craft ideas that you can make yourself. All of the materials can be found at your local craft shop or online for an affordable price. By making your own crafts you'll ensure that you end up with a unique headpiece that will really stand out at your special occasion while having fun doing it! Click the link below to visit our online shop, where all materials used are available to purchase. Also for many more craft ideas be sure to check out http://shop.vibesandscribes.ie/general-crafts Vibes and Scribes Arts and Crafts Supplies Specialists http://vibesandscribes.ie http://shop.vibesandscribes.ie/
View more >
How To Make A Paper Flower Basic ? you can make a delicate origami lotus flower. This guide will help.