selling business yet worried about income >>> linda's story
out of 14
Post on 05-Feb-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFear of how to draw income nearly stopped Linda from selling her company. Expecting conservative low returns she couldn't afford to sell ....until learning Life Income Mandates support higher and safer results. >>> See more also at Amazon, "A Lifetime Of Wealth -- And How Not To Lose It"
- 1. Selling Business yet Worried about Income Lindas Story Brian Weatherdon MA, CFP, CLU, CPCA Author, Speaker, Financial Planner. Aligning your Wealth & Life to overcome fears and secure your income, lifestyle, & comfort to age 105
- 2. Before hearing this story . . . . Continuing into these slides signifies you realize one persons story cannot be representative of what everyone else should do. This story is personal and not in any way prescriptive for what you should do, nor for how your advisors may guide you. Stories in this wider series capture different approaches to value and decisions in business, pension, savings, and results for personal security, life income, and family estate. More information/insights at educational website www.GuaranteedIncome4Life.ca And 5-star rated book (Amazon, Kindle, bookstores) A Lifetime Of Wealth -- And How Not To Lose It
- 3. Linda completed sale of business What a relief 5 years completing this! But she nearly pulled the plug & stopped it! Question was, she knew how to get income from a business .... But how would she get income after selling the business?
- 4. Linda is cautious about money Business was her equity, and other savings were invested conservatively, in low % rates. With 30-year bonds paying 6% and rising with future rungs on ladder. Global govts & corporate fixed-income Global Dividend Income Global Infrastructure Income Global Diversified Real Estate Income + income sourced from life, health, long term care insurances. + tax advantages with some of the above sources of income.
- 10. Strong income, indexed income Life annuities come with guarantees; laddering increases these future guaranteed payments. Sources of income from global dividends, infrastructure, and diversified real estate will generally also rise through future years. AND will such a portfolio prove effective and fit Lindas precise investor (risk/return) profile?
- 11. If the plan fits . . . Linda can sell Linda cannot sell the business and secure her life dreams & future on 3%. But if something near 6% were possible with a reduced market- risk, could Linda then consider to sell? If Linda doesnt sell now, countless variables can affect business valuation in coming years. And if she eventually sells, can Linda buy back the lost time and fulfil her delayed dreams?
- 12. Exit strategies for Lindas business Exit strategies include preparing the business and Linda: business valuation, assessing the market, guidance of her accounting and legal advisors, and strategic planning for wealth, life-income, tax-reduction, and family estate. This may take 1 to 5 years. If Linda has been preparing well ahead, it may go more quickly.
- 13. More on Exit Strategies for Business The website has a growing library of resources including video, podcast, articles, blogs, in addition to the learning modules in the site, and the book. A next step and subscribe for more... Exit Strategies for Business http://www.guaranteedincome4life.ca/blog/exit-strategies-for-business/
- 14. Resources to help get what you want Experience this website to help focus on your future: www.GuaranteedIncome4Life.ca Get 5-star book, Amazon/Kindle/bookstores: A Lifetime Of Wealth And How Not To Lose It http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Wealth-how-not-lose/dp/1489579540/ref=sr_1_1? ie=UTF8&qid=1380311791&sr=8-1&keywords=a+lifetime+of+wealth+-- +and+how+not+to+lose+it Visit www.ALifetimeOfWealth.info
View more >