section #3.1 “the first israelites” p80-85. the early israelites
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Section #3.1 The First Israelites p80-85
- Slide 2
- The Early Israelites
- Slide 3
- Where did the Israelites establish their first kingdom? Canaan 1.
- Slide 4
- How was the Israelites religion different from other religions of the time? 2. The Israelites religion worshipped only ONE god.
- Slide 5
- What term means the belief in only one god? monotheism 3.
- Slide 6
- What is the Israelite religion called? Judaism 4.
- Slide 7
- What term is used to refer to the people who practice Judaism? jews 5.
- Slide 8
- What do you call the language that was spoken by the Israelites? Hebrew 6.
- Slide 9
- Where did the people live before coming to Canaan? Mesopotamia 7.
- Slide 10
- According to the Hebrew Bible, Israelites were descendents of a man named ___. Abraham 8.
- Slide 11
- According to the Hebrew Bible, why did the people leave Mesopotamia and move to Canaan? God told them to. 9.
- Slide 12
- What do you call a long period of time without any rain? drought 10.
- Slide 13
- According to the Hebrew Bible, who saw the burning bush and spoke to God? Moses 11.
- Slide 14
- According to the Hebrew Bible, why did God send plaques to trouble Egypt? To convince the pharaoh to let the Israelites leave Egypt. 12.
- Slide 15
- What do you call a disease that spreads quickly and kills many people? A plague 13.
- Slide 16
- What do you call the Jewish holiday celebrated to remember the Exodus? Passover 14.
- Slide 17
- What did God give to Moses at the top of Mount Sinai? A set of laws about how to live a good live. 15.
- Slide 18
- What do you call the set of laws that God gave to Moses? The Torah 16.
- Slide 19
- A synonym for covenant is ___. promise agreement 17.
- Slide 20
- This part of the Torah explains what God thinks is right and wrong The Ten Commandments 18.
- Slide 21
- The Promised Land
- Slide 22
- Where did the Israelites consider the Promised Land? Canaan 19.
- Slide 23
- Why did the Israelites go to war with the Canaanites? To take over the land of Canaan the promised land 20.
- Slide 24
- Why was the alphabet more popular than earlier writing systems? It had a limited number of letters that stood for sounds so it was easier to read and write. 21.
- Slide 25
- How did the Greeks and Romans learn the Phoenician alphabet? They traded/interacted with the Phoenicians 22.