screenshots of ‘edge’ front cover production
out of 11
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Screenshots of Edge front cover production process
- 2. The first step I took towards making the front cover is creating a blank grey background, as I received audience feedback stating that grey was a colour which they associated with the indie genre.
- 3. I then cut out the picture I took of my artist. I used the exposure and contrast settings to manipulate the image so it looked brighter and clearer.
- 4. For my masthead I used a large, clear font which I made white to stand out against the grey background. I also flipped the last E and made it a capital letter so it was a unique title.
- 5. After the masthead I added the positioning statment Living on the musical edge which I chose because it links to the masthead. I also added a website for the magazine as I have seen them on the actual indie music magazine that I studied.
- 6. I then added a puff to entice the audience to read the magazine. I suggested that there are posters included inside which adds to the appeal of buying the magazine as it gives the impression that you get more for your money.
- 7. The next thing I did was add coverlines to give the audience an idea what artists would be featured in the magazine. I made them red as it is a colour that I use continuously throughout each of my products.
- 8. I then added the sublines that elaborate on the coverlines.
- 9. I then added the main coverline which is clearly the name of the artist on the front cover as it is directly underneath her face and across her body. I also put a quote that is mocking a well known pop artist which is a contrasting genre to indie so many fans may not be fond of the pop genre.
- 10. I added a bar across the bottom of the page next to the bottom to add in further information about the content of the magazine.
- 11. Lastly I used the word Plus to make the magazine sound jam-packed and like it had even more to offer the reader. I then listed multiple indie artists and added the date and price.
View more >
INFLUENCE OF EDGE BEARING ON THE FRONT EDGE SHEAR BREAKOUT ... OF EDGE BEARING ON THE FRONT-EDGE SHEAR BREAKOUT CAPACITY ... The ACI 318-14 Building Code, ... the vertical bearing strength,