Post on 12-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Title Our story of Change from Satya Bharti School , Bawrala ,Jodhpur ,Rajasthan , Bharti Foundation Problem being attempted to change : De-addiction
- Bharti Foundation
- Bharti Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Bharti Group Companies.
- The prime objective is to bridge the existing education divide and make quality education accessible to underprivileged children in rural India.
- The Foundation aims to help underprivileged children and young people of our country realize their potential.
- Satya Bharti School Program
- The Satya Bharti School Program is the flagship program of Bharti Foundation.
- It aims to deliver free quality education to underprivileged children, with special focus on the girl child across rural India.
- Present Operational Status:
- Number of Schools Operational: 250
- States of Operation: Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh &Tamil Nadu, West Bengal
- Number of Students Enrolled: Over 30,000
- Geographical Location : 30 Kms. Away from Jodhpur city. Bawrala village have uneven land, somewhere sand dunes, hard land and somewhere only sand.
- Cultural Background : Bawrala village is mainly formed by Rajput & Vishnoi community. Animal husbandry & farming is the main occupation of the villagers.
- Role of Satya Bharti School in the Village : Satya Bharti School is providing quality education to the children of this village from 2007. The school proved itself as a great Change Maker in the field of education. The Satya Bharti School, Bawrala is providing free education to those students who are underprivileged & can not afford hi-tech education. In this school, there is no discrimination of caste, colour & religion and all students are equal on a same platform.
- Participation in Design for Change School Contest :SBS Bawrala participated in Design for Change contest. Students of SBS felt the wine addiction problem in villagers and put an idea to Save them from this habit through Rally & Oath Letters in front of the community.
About the Community 4.
- Most of the villagers are addict of wine & Opium.
- In school campus, many times illegal things related to wine, opium & smack found.
- A big theft has taken place in three schools including our SBS & somewhere drunkard were involved.
We Felt: 5. We Imagined:
- Talk to community leaders like Sarpanch, Ward Panch & Old aged people.
- Meeting at village Chaupal.
- Make some responsible person from village.
- Make a rally with the help of students.
- Prepare some slogans.
- Prepare banners.
- Prepare IV & V class students to aware their own family about these bad habits of addiction.
6. We Did:
- We prepared 1 large group of all students of class IV & V for rally.
- All students went at village Chaupal from the school.
- Around 25-30 members were present at the village Chaupal.
- Students talked to community about the harms & losses of bad habits & different drugs.
- After completion of speeches & messages, students took sign on oath letter by present parents & community members.
7. Impact on Community:
- Some of the community members came on Chaupal & signed the oath letter and promised to never take wine & any other intoxication at any cost.
- Some Parents of Class V students, who were highly drunkard, took their child into confidence & promised not to take wine in future.
- Community accepted that this was the first time that any school took great initiative to remove such bad habits of wine from village against promoter of such things.
8. Impact on Us:
- Students promised for not to take wine & other addiction in future.
- Students enjoyed rally, slogans & talk with community because they did it first time.
- All school staff oath to stop these bad habits at any place where they see these bad habits.
- All teachers & students make themselves responsible to stop use of wine & other addiction in village.
- Took necessary action with the help of community & police against promoter of wine & other addictions.
- Regular contact with parents.
- Regular meetings with community.
- Signing on more oath letters.
The Road Ahead.. (in the next 3 months) 10. Students Participating in the Contest: State District School No. of Students Participating Name of Student Class Rajasthan Jodhpur SBS Bawrala 15 AAYCHUKI MAMTA SURMA V GOVIND MANISH VARSHA V LAXMI OMPRAKASH TARUNA V KANARAM PARWATI SANGEETA V KHUSHBOO POOJA KOMAL V KIRAN A RANJU KIRAN KSUKHARAM KIRAN P SUMAN KISHAN SANGEETA SURESH MADAN LAL SUNIL M SUNIL J 11.
- School Staff
- Mr. Sampat Choudhary (Head Teacher)
- Mr. Babu Das
- Mr. Bhupendra Seervi
- Mr. Devi Lal
- Ms. Saroj
- Mr. Devendra Chouhan
- Mr. Abhishek (VT)
- State Team
- Mr. Narendra Singh Chauhan (Cluster Coordinator)
- Mr. Sandeep Sarda (Programme Coordinator)
Team Responsible: 12. Thank you