Sauces for pasta
out of 18
Post on 31-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCommon Sauces that are used for pasta with their recipes!!!
- 1. Presentation On Sauces for Pasta
- 2. Pasta: a basic staple ingredient used in cooking around the world. Pasta: an ingredient made from durum wheat semolina or from the flour of certain other grains mixed with water and/or eggs, which is then kneaded and formed into various shapes; it is dried and cooked prior to eating.
- 3. A common sauce for use with fettuccine noodles to make a dish referred to as fettuccine Alfredo. The sauce consists of heavy cream or half and half that is mixed with butter, grated Parmesan cheese, pepper, and occasionally nutmeg.
- 4. 1/4 cup Butter 1 cup Heavy Cream 1 Clove-Garlic, crushed 1.5 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley Method of Cooking Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.
- 5. One of the spicier types of tomato sauces made with chile peppers that add a more intense flavor to pasta, meats, poultry, seafood, and other foods such as pizza.
- 6. 2 tbsp Olive Oil 1 Brown onion, finely chopped 2 Garlic-clove, finely chopped 3 Small red chillies, deseeded finely chopped 1 tbsp Tomato paste 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar Method of cooking Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add chillies and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7. A traditional Italian red sauce originating in Bologna, Italy. Most often a Bolognese sauce will contain at least two types of meat, which may include veal, beef, pork, or chicken cut into small pieces. The meat becomes part of a variety of ingredients such as onions, celery, carrots, chile peppers, tomatoes, olive oil, and white wine that are combined with seasonings and herbs such as oregano, basil, bay leaves, and nutmeg that provide the distinct flavor for the sauce. It is also common to add cream or milk to the ingredients which provides a richer flavor to the sauce.
- 8. 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup finely diced onion 1/2 cup finely diced celery 1/2 cup finely diced carrot 1 pinch salt 1 1/2 pounds ground beef salt freshly ground black pepper to taste 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 1/2 cups milk 2 cups white wine 1 (28 ounce) can whole Italian plum tomatoes (preferably San Marzano) 2 cups water, or as needed
- 9. Method of Cooking Melt butter with olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion, celery, and carrot with pinch of salt until onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir ground beef into vegetables and cook, stirring constantly until meat is crumbly and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season meat mixture with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Pour milk into ground beef mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until most of the milk has evaporated and bottom of pan is still slightly saucy, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium high and pour white wine into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until white wine has mostly evaporated, about 5 more minutes. Pour tomatoes with juice into a large mixing bowl and crush them with your fingers until they resemble a slightly chunky sauce. Pour tomatoes into sauce; fill can with 2 cups water and add to sauce. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until mixture cooks down into a thick sauce, at least 3 hours but preferably 4 to 6 hours. Skim fat from top of sauce if desired. If sauce is too thick or too hot on the bottom, add a little more water. Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
- 10. A sauce made with cream, eggs, Parmesan cheese, small pieces of bacon and vegetables, such as peas. Although any type of pasta can be used, spaghetti and linguine are most suitable with this sauce. When this sauce is made, it is heated for several minutes until it begins to thicken, when it is then spread over pasta that is very hot, enabling the eggs to continue cooking while the food simmers.
- 11. 2 tsp Olive Oil 200 gm Slice Pancetta 3 Garlic-Clove crushed 2 Egg Yolk 2 Eggs 1/2 cup Thickened Cream 75 gm Finely Grated Parmeson Cheese Method of Cooking Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Drain on paper towel. Whisk egg yolks, eggs, cream and three-quarters of the parmesan together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg mixture and pancetta mixture to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until well combined. Serve with remaining parmesan.
- 12. Bchamel Sauce - a basic white sauce made by adding hot milk to a white roux (heated butter mixed with flour). The roux thickens the milk into a creamy white sauce which can then be seasoned with additional ingredients depending on the type of dish served with the sauce and the flavors desired. Madeira Sauce - a wine sauce typically made from Madeira wine and broth, but also with other ingredients that enhance the flavors of the foods topped with the sauce. Madeira sauces are typically used to season pasta, meats, stews, and savory dishes. Marinara Sauce - a highly seasoned tomato sauce made with garlic and other ingredients, such as onions, parsley and olives. The sauce is used on meats and pasta.
- 13. Marsala Sauce - made from a variety of flavored bases such as tomatoes, mushrooms, or fruit flavors to be served as a sauce for several traditional food dishes such as pollo (chicken) marsala or veal marsala. A typical recipe for the sauce may include onions, garlic, herbs, mushrooms, heavy cream, oil or butter, and the key ingredient, Marsala wine, which is often used as a demiglaze, or added last. Puttanesca Sauce - a very spicy and strong flavored sauce made with garlic, bits of dried chile peppers, capers, and anchovies as key ingredients. It can be mild or well seasoned depending on the type and amount of spices added, to be served on fish and pasta dishes.
- 14. Rag Sauce - made from ingredients that can cook for longer periods of time, a rag traditionally includes bits or minced beef cooked with chicken livers and unsmoked pancetta which is combined with tomato pure, mushrooms if desired, onions, celery, olive oil, seasonings, cheese, and white wine. Romesco Sauce - a sauce often served over grilled foods such as fish, poultry, meats, and vegetables or used as a flavoring for stews and pasta dishes and breads topped with meats and cheese. Considered by some to be a garlic sauce, Romesco is most often made with tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, blanched almonds, hazelnuts, vinegar, herbs, red chile peppers, and salt.
- 15. Vodka Sauce - a creamy textured pasta sauce that goes well with penne, ravioli, rigatonni, tortellini, or ziti pasta as well as on some poultry dishes or bruschetta appetizers. Rich in flavor, this sauce typically contains tomatoes, cream, vodka, olive oil, garlic, onions, and seasonings. Parmesan, pecorino or romano cheese and meats such as prosciutto are also additional ingredients that may be included in some vodka sauces.
View more >
ROMANTIC SOPHISTICATED UNIQUE - DoubleTree by utensils, ... for last minute heating or preparation, ... Rigatoni Pasta served with Marinara and Alfredo Sauces,
TESTAS 1976 Pasta Qrinara Sauce HOME- STYLE HOMESTYLE GOURMET SAUCES MADE IN CONNECTICUT TESTA'S PREMIUM HOME-STYLE, seedless Skinless Pasta Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Tomato Basil Sauce and other gourmet
Gueridon - salad preparation, ... useful for a presentation of sauces and other accompaniments. ... sauces, vegetables
A Tour of Italy - Traditional Italian Pasta Sauces with ... ?· A Tour of Italy - Traditional Italian…
5 Mother Sauces - Mrs. Moehr's FACS Website - Home of the Mother Sauces All sauces in cooking are derived from five basic sauces The Mother Sauces. •Traditionally prepared in huge quantities then
ready to use industrial sheds to small scale sector. ... Cutting down the unproductive cost and reduction of overall cost ... tomato sauce, ketchup, soy sauces, pizza pasta sauces,