Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONReview of Satan's abilities in comparison and contrast to God's abilities
- Know Thine Enemy:
- The Attributes and Antagonism of The Evil One
2. The Sinister Person of Evil:
- Who is Satan?
- He is real; a person, aggressive, intelligent, cunning, and destructive.
- He is not, however, Gods equal in power, knowledge, presence, etc.
- He is supernatural.
3. The Sinister Person of Evil:
- 1 Pet 5:8Your adversary, the devil roams about the earth as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour .
- Note the different terms used for Satan throughout Scripture: deceiver, liar, murder, accuser, tempter, prince, destroyer, the evil one, lord of the flies.
4. The Sinister Person of Evil:
- What is his Purpose?
- What is his Plan?
- How will he accomplish his plan?
- What are his attributes?
5. The Sinister Person of Evil:
- Eph 6:12- (We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness . . . )
- Any soldier needs to be able to identify the enemy!
- The battle is not against flesh and blood, but against a person.
6. The Sinister Person of Evil: Position
- He is arulerof the darkness of this age.He rules over a kingdom of fallen spirits; Eph 2:2 he is called a prince of the power of the air;
- Satan isprince of the air, moving the kingdoms of this world towards Armegeddon: Rev 16:14-These are the spirits of demons working miracles before the kings of the earth, to gather them to the great battle of that day .
- 2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world has blinded the mind of them that believe not .
- His great desire is to be worshipped as thegodof this age.
- Eph 5:41, Satancommands a legion of angels; Just as God has angels, Satan has angels.
The Sinister Person of Evil: Position 8.
- It is sheer folly to underestimate the power of the evil one.
- He is a supernatural person, he has supernatural power, and he is the supreme dictator in the evil empire.
- It is likewise a seductive power; Like moths drawn to a flame, so the weak are drawn to Satans power.
- It is a limited power.
The Sinister Person of Evil: Power 9.
- The end of Satan: Rev 20:10
- And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are also, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
- Satans end: Powerless and positionless- he will not rule in Hell.
The Sinister Person of Evil: Power 10.
- Satan is a traitor, in open revolt against almighty God.
- His sin was pride; he wanted to rule in Gods place.
- His original name was Lucifer, which in Hebrew means light bearer, also called the angel of light, the first angel created.
The Sinister Person of Evil: Purpose 11. The Sinister Person of Evil: Purpose
- Isaiah 14:12How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer.Son of the morning. How art thou cut down to the ground . . . Thou hast said in thine heart I will ascend to the heavens, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit also on the mount of the congregation; In the sides of the north, I will be like the most high!
12. The Sinister Person of Evil: Purpose
- When the 600 angels assigned to him said they will do as the first angel did, they were also cast down.
- In Gods presence, he was Lucifer: Son of the Morning;
- Cast down, he became Satan, the Father of Night.
13. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- He rules over a kingdom ofdarkness , and his method isdeception.
- Eph 6:11 Take on the whole armor of God that we might stand against thewilesof the devil.
- 2 Con 2:11 speaks of the devices of the devil.
- 2 Tim 2:26 speaks of the snares of the devil.
- Satans tools: wiles, devices, snares, lies.
14. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- Spiritualism:Things renewed in the new age.People with Taro cards telling fortunes, contact with the dead, astrology: It is all of the devil.
- Lev 19:31Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards to be defiled by them.
15. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- Deut 18:9ffWhen you enter the land which the Lord your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the abominations of those nations.(10) There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire: [They were sacrificing their children on the alter of a demonic god]
16. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- One who use divination,( fortune teller )one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, ( astrologer )or a sorcerer, (11) or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead . (12) For whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord, and because of these detestable things, the Lord your God will drive them out before you.
17. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- Drug Abuse:We have an epidemic of drug abuse in this nation because we have an epidemic of demonic activity.
- The Bible teaches that in the last days we will have a plethora of drug abuse.
- Rev 9:21and they did not repent of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their immorality, nor of their thefts.
18. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- The Greek word forsorceriesis farmakei,a .(pharmakeia).
- Its the word we get pharmacy from, and many drugs do wonderful things.
- But the form of this word means; enchanter with drugs .
- In the ancient Egyptian, Greek, Persian, and Roman cultures; All had lists of substances that steal away the mind .
19. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- False Doctrine/Apostacy:Where is the true faith today?
- 1 Tim 4:1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful (seducing) spirits and doctrines of demons.
20. The Sinister Person of Evil: Plan
- Entertainment and Media:
- Angel of light, and he is hideously beautiful, and brilliantly deceptive.
- In the entertainment and media systems, we have reached new lows.
21. The Seductive Power of Evil
- Angel of Light; Seductive and alluring to draw us away from the God of all Creation through compromise and complacency.
- So we also are tempted and seduced by Satan with half truths and lies, to get us to buy into compromise, complacency, and contradiction of Gods will.
22. The Seductive Power of Evil
- Once the target is compromised, they are neutralized, and no longer a threat.
- Matt 26:40 ff.Watch and pray that you enter not into temptation.
- Prayer is the key to surviving temptation, and not failing by falling into evil.
23. Sovereign Protection from Evil
- Three cords run through the Bible:
- (1) Thedark and sombercord of Satans revolt.
- (2) Thecrimsoncord of the blood redemption of Jesus.
- (3) Thegoldencord of the Kingdom of our Lord.
24. Sovereign Protection from Evil
- Thine is the kingdom means that Gods absolute authority is in control.The keys to hell are to our savior given.
- The Power :Gen 18:14 Is anything too hard for the Lord, and Jer 33:3Call upon me, thus saith the Lord, and I will show you great and mighty things which thou knowest not!
- and the glory John 14:18What-soever ye ask in my name, that will I do that the Father might be glorified in the son.