safety tips for kite surfing
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Safety Tips for Kite Surfing
- 2. Have you ever thought what you should consider when booking kite surfing lessons? Well, here is a safety advice you should keep in mind when learning kite surfing: The Kitesurfing School you choose should have IKO qualified instructors.
- 3. Finding a good school can be a challenge and always remember that it is not good that you choose the cheapest. You should also ensure that the school is fully insured Make sure that the equipments used by the school are in good shape and new.
- 4. Most of these schools are guys teaching in the backyard for some extra cash. You will realize that there is no changing room, shower and the equipments will be outdated and bought as second hand items to cut down the cost. A good school should buy new equipments every year, including wetsuits and should also have changing room facilities and shower.
- 5. It is important that you check if the Kitesurfing School is connected to a reputable kitesurfing equipment shop. Many schools and shops partner to offer you a discount on kitesurfing equipment after your lessons.
- 6. Kitesurfing is one of the most addictive sports and taking lessons may just be a gateway to one of the most intoxifying sports on earth. With the right skills, it will be fun to get out and start kiting as soon as possible.
- 7. You need certain skills to kitesurf. The first and most important skill is the ability to control the kite, which is your source of propulsion. Once you have mastered the ability to fly the kite, you will need to learn how to ride the board and manoeuvre using the kite. Once you have become efficient with the basics, you can try more complex manoeuvres such as tricks and jumps. The sport does not limit you in any way when it comes to manoeuvring and achieving any tricks.
- 8. Always remember that kitesurfing is dangerous to the kitesurfer and other people. In light of this, it is important that you first of all take professionals lessons from a reputable school.
- 9. Most kitesurfing injuries occur due to being thrown in the air resulting in collisions with objects like water, buildings, powerlines and sand. Yes, you can be injured by simply colliding with water at high speed. Dragging and lofting often happens due to bad weather conditions; therefore, it is important that you understand the weather.
- 10. You should also avoid kitesurfing alone. It is important that you take a friend who will keep an eye on you. You should also take kitesurfing lessons as it is the only way to enjoying kitesurfing and there are many great schools out there. You should also use the right kites. You can buy the best kites at Zeeko Kites.
- 11. If you are looking to become a professional kitesurfer then it is important that you learn the art of body dragging. It is similar to body surfing. You will also need to invest a considerable amount of money to purchase kitesurfing equipment.
View more >