out of 20
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Gohil DevendrasinhBCA 4 thBIMS
- Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar born April 24,1973 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, is anIndian cricketer widely regarded as one of thegreatest batsmen in the history of cricket. In2002, Wisden ranked him the second greatestTest batsman of all time next only to SirDonald Bradman, and the second greatestone-day international (ODI) batsman of alltime next only to Sir Viv Richards. The list waslater revised to make him the greatest one-dayinternational (ODI) batsman of all time. InSeptember 2007, Shane Warne, the world-record breaking Australian leg spinner, ratedSachin Tendulkar as the greatest player he hasplayed with or against. Sachin Tendulkar wasthe only player of the current generation to beincluded in Bradmans Eleven, the dreamteam of Sir Donald Bradman, published in hisbiography. He is sometimes referred to Asthe Little Master or the Master Blaster.
- Sachin -the master blasteris not top batsman?After Sir Don Bradmanclaimed Sachin to be hisreplica in Test Cricket, onewould not make any mistakesto keep the little master out oftheir top-10 list of best Testbatsmen ever. But it seemedthat the ICC thought the otherway round when it not onlykept the Indian Star out of thetop-10, but also the top-20 ofits list of the new ICC BestEver Ratings.
- Sachin Tendulkar - The masterblaster in IPLSachin Tendulkar was madethe icon player and captainfor his home side, theMumbai Indians in theinaugural Indian PremierLeague Twenty20competition in 2008. As anicon player, he was signedfor a sum of US$1,121,250,15% more than the second-highest paid player in theteam, Sanath Jayasuriya. Butdespite Sachin heroic histeam Mumbai Indians notqualified for the semis of theIPL tournament.
- Sachin personal lifeSachin was born in Bombay. Hisfather, Ramesh Tendulkar, aMarathi novelist, namedTendulkar after his favouritemusic director, Sachin DevBurman. Tendulkars elderbrother Ajit encouraged him toplay cricket. Tendulkar has twoother siblings: a brother Nitin,and sister Savitai. In 1995, SachinTendulkar married Anjali (bornNovember 10, 1967), apaediatrician and daughter ofGujarati industrialist AnandMehta. They have two children,Sara (born 12 October, 1997), andArjun (born 24 September, 1999).
- Sachin Tendulkar - The Little masterSachin Tendulkar is anIndian cricketer, widelyconsidered to be one of thegreatest batsmen of all time.He currently holds therecords for the mostcumulative runs in One-DayInternationals, and the mostnumber of centuries scoredin both One-dayInternationals and Testcricket. He made hisinternational debut againstPakistan in 1989 at the age ofsixteen, becoming Indiasyoungest Test player.
- Master by his adoring fans.Sachin first to score 12,000 run.Sachin is the highest run scorer in bothTest matches and ODIs, and also thebatsman with the most centuries ineither form of the game. Master BlasterSachin Tendulkar has become the worldrecord Test runs scorer, surpassing BrianLaras previous best mark of 11,953.Tendulkar, 35, needed 15 runs toovertake West Indies legend Lara in thestandings on the first day of the secondTest against Australia in Mohali. Anddespite being forced to go to tea on 13not out, the Little Master came outafter the interval to hit Australiandebutant Peter Siddles first ball of thesession for three runs to spark wildcelebrations in the ground.
- Sachin as CaptainTendulkars two tenures as captain of theIndian cricket team were not verysuccessful. When Tendulkar took over asCaptain in 1996, it was with huge hopes andexpectations. However, by 1997 the teamwas performing poorly. Azharuddin wascredited with saying "Nahin jeetega! Choteki naseeb main jeet nahin hai!", whichtranslates into: "He wont win! Its not in thesmall ones destiny". Tendulkar, succeedingAzharuddin as captain for his second term,then led India on a tour of Australia, wherethe visitors were comprehensively beaten 3-0 by the newly-crowned world champions.After another Test series defeat, this time bya 0-2 margin at home against South Africa,Tendulkar resigned, and Sourav Gangulytook over as captain in 2000.
- Sachin as Not a Good Captain Tendulkars record as captain Matches Won Lost Drawn Tied No resultTest 25 4 9 12 0 ODI(One- 73 23 43 2 6Day)
- 100th international centuryTendulkar scored his much awaited100th international hundred on 16March 2012, at Mirpur againstBangladesh in the Asia Cup. Hebecame the first person in history toachieve this feat. Incidentally, it wasTendulkars first ODI hundredagainst Bangladesh. He said "Itsbeen a tough phase for me ... I wasnot thinking about the milestone,the media started all this, wherever Iwent, the restaurant, room service,everyone was talking about the 100thhundred. Nobody talked about my99 hundreds. It became mentallytough for me because nobody talkedabout my 99 hundreds. DespiteTendulkars century, India failed towin the match against Bangladesh,losing by 5 wickets.
- Sachine as Enjoy 100 of 100
- Sachin Is Bigest Run In the Cricket World Rank Runs Innings Player Period1 18,374 451 Sachin Tendulkar 198920122 13,704 365 Ricky Ponting 199520123 13,43 433 Sanath Jayasuriya 198920114 11,739 350 Inzamam ul Haq 199120075 11,498 307 Jacques Kallis 19962012
- Highest individual scores Rank Runs Player Match Venue Season Virender India v West1 219 Indore 20112012 Sehwag Indies Sachin India v South2 200* Gwalior 20092010 Tendulkar Africa Charles Zimbabwe v B3 194* Bulawayo 2009 Coventry angladesh Pakistan v Ind4 194 Saeed Anwar Chennai 1997 ia West Sir Viv5 189* Indies v Engla Manchester 1984 Richards nd
- Most fours in career Rank fours Player Matches1 2016 Sachin Tendulkar 4532 1500 Sanath Jayasuriya 4453 1231 Ricky Ponting 3704 1162 Adam Gilchrist 2875 1122 Sourav Ganguly 311Source: . Last updated 19 March 2012.
- Most matches played Rank Matches Player Period1 462 Sachin Tendulkar 198920122 445 Sanath Jayasuriya 198920113 378 Inzamam-ul-Haq 199120074 375 Ricky Ponting 199520125 372 Mahela Jayawardene 19982012Source: ESPNCricinfo.com. Last updated: 17 March 2012.
- Highest partnerships Rank Runs Players Opposition Venue Season Sachin 331 (2nd1 Tendulkar & v New Zealand Hyderabad 1999 wicket) Rahul Dravid Saurav2 318 (2nd wicket) Ganguly & Rahul v Sri Lanka Taunton 1999 Dravid Sanath3 286 (1st wicket) Jayasuriya & Up v England Headingley 2006 ul Tharanga Upul Tharanga & Till4 282 (1st wicket) v Zimbabwe Pallekele 2010-11 akaratne Dilshan Mohammad5 275* (4th wicket) Azharuddin & Aj v Zimbabwe Cuttack 1997 ay Jadeja
View more >