ruthless consistency

Download Ruthless Consistency

Post on 07-Nov-2014

229 views

Category:

Business

0 download

Embed Size (px)

DESCRIPTION

Ruthless consistency. Leaders who are intensely committed to winning are those who are relentless in developing the right focus, creating the right environment and getting the right people.

TRANSCRIPT

  • 1. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: 1 Michael Canics presentation is sponsored by:! www.vistage.com!
  • 2. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Ruthless Consistency : Aligning your organization to win or else! Michael Canic, PhD 2
  • 3. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: The history of executing strategic change initiatives Ruthless Consistency 3
  • 4. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: The history of executing strategic change initiatives Quality 67% of companies quality efforts failed to yield real improvement McKinsey & Co. study Ruthless Consistency 4
  • 5. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: The history of executing strategic change initiatives Quality 67% of companies quality efforts failed to yield real improvement McKinsey & Co. study Reengineering The Economist summarized studies 85% of (reengineering) interventions fail. Management Review Ruthless Consistency 5
  • 6. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: The history of executing strategic change initiatives Quality 67% of companies quality efforts failed to yield real improvement McKinsey & Co. study Reengineering The Economist summarized studies 85% of (reengineering) interventions fail. Management Review Mergers & Acquisitions up to 77% of all mergers fail to deliver on their financial promise. Carleton & Lineberry, Achieving Post-Merger Success Ruthless Consistency 6
  • 7. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: The history of executing strategic change initiatives Quality 67% of companies quality efforts failed to yield real improvement McKinsey & Co. study Reengineering The Economist summarized studies 85% of (reengineering) interventions fail. Management Review Mergers & Acquisitions up to 77% of all mergers fail to deliver on their financial promise. Carleton & Lineberry, Achieving Post-Merger Success I.T. Implementations 85% of all IT-related projects fail. Of the remaining 15% many havent met the original requirements. Project Auditors Ruthless Consistency 7
  • 8. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: The history of executing strategic change initiatives Quality 67% of companies quality efforts failed to yield real improvement McKinsey & Co. study Reengineering The Economist summarized studies 85% of (reengineering) interventions fail. Management Review Mergers & Acquisitions up to 77% of all mergers fail to deliver on their financial promise. Carleton & Lineberry, Achieving Post-Merger Success I.T. Implementations 85% of all IT-related projects fail. Of the remaining 15% many havent met the original requirements. Project Auditors Strategic Planning failure rates in the 70% to 90% range Kaplan & Norton, The Strategy Focused Organization Ruthless Consistency 8
  • 9. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: #1 The problem Ruthless Consistency 9
  • 10. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: #1 The problem is us! Ruthless Consistency 10
  • 11. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Ruthless Consistency : Winning Develop Get Create Win Leaders 11 #2
  • 12. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Ruthless Consistency : Winning Develop Get Create Win Leaders 12
  • 13. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Organizational Factors Performance Factors Improvement Factors Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment Respect | Trust | Caring 13 #3
  • 14. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Organizational Factors Performance Factors Purpose Skills Resources Authority Incentives Disincentives Improvement Factors Respect | Trust | Caring Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 14
  • 15. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: #4 Approach Strategic Change Execution as a SYSTEM Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 15
  • 16. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Organizational Factors Performance Factors Purpose Skills Resources Authority Incentives Disincentives Improvement Factors Respect | Trust | Caring Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 16
  • 17. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment Leader Remove disincentives Communicate goals, meaning & expectations Create incentivesProvide training Give authorityAllocate resources 17
  • 18. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: #5 What you do is not as important as what they experience Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 18
  • 19. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment People I dont feel disincentivized I have a sense of purpose I feel incentivizedI have the skills I have the authorityI have the resources 19
  • 20. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Organizational Factors Performance Factors Improvement Factors Feedback Guidance Reinforcement Accountability Respect | Trust | Caring Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 20
  • 21. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: SMART Feedback! Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 21
  • 22. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: SMART Feedback! S Specific! Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 22
  • 23. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: SMART Feedback! S Specific! M Measurable! Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 23
  • 24. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: SMART Feedback! S Specific! M Measurable! A Accurate! Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 24
  • 25. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: SMART Feedback! S Specific! M Measurable! A Accurate! R Relevant! Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 25
  • 26. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: SMART Feedback! S Specific! M Measurable! A Accurate! R Relevant! T Timely! Ruthless Consistency : Right Environment 26 #6
  • 27. Copyright 2013, Bridgeway Leadership, Inc., all rights reserved | www.bridgewayleadership.com Sponsored by: Organizational Factors Performance Factors Improvement Factors Feedback Guidance Reinforcement A