road safety tips for public, parents and teachers of children
out of 30
Post on 08-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. ROAD SAFETYRoad Safety tips for Parents, Teachers andChildrensafeindianroads@gmail.com By email@example.com
- 2. Road Safety Tips Safety awareness should begin from childhood, as it is difficult to impart awareness to a grown up human. If safety awareness is imparted in childhood, safety will be a habit. So impart Road Safety and General Safety awareness to your children during childhood itself. Better, before the age of Six.
- 3. Road Safety Tips Video,Computer Gamesthat simulate Racing should discouraged by parents as it will develop racing habit in children.Dont allow your children to watch Motor sports especially Racing.
- 4. Road Safety Tips Cinema, Serials and Advertisements involving Racing, over speed / highly risky riding etc should be watched by children ONLY with Parental Guidance. Warn them about its dangers when they are small kids itself.
- 5. Road Safety Tips Children below a certain age should not be permitted to do cycling in busy roads and in roads where heavy vehicles are plying. Parents of children residing near busy roads should keep the Gates closed always.
- 6. Road Safety Tips Do not give cycles and two wheelers to your children until they are mentally mature enough.Ensure that children use Helmet while using Two Wheelers.
- 7. Road Safety Tips Back seat riders also should use Helmet. If Helmet is not available do not accept the offer for a lift. Dont forget to fix the Chinstrap of your Helmet. Otherwise it will not help during an accident.
- 8. Road Safety Tips Ensure that your Helmet is of good quality meeting standard specifications. Otherwise replace it TODAY. Most important method to prevent road accidents is restriction of speed 90 % of speed. accidents can be avoided by limiting speeds.
- 9. Road Safety Tips Always maintain safe distance with the vehicle in front. Dont let your children to use mobile phones while driving / riding. Ask your children to avoid listening to music while walking / driving / riding on the road.
- 10. Road Safety Tips Ask your children to avoid FM Radio, Media Players etc. while walking / driving / riding on the road. When your family is planning a new Car, go for a Yellow or other bright colored one. Avoid the Black color as far as possible.
- 11. Road Safety Tips Buy ONLY Yellow colored Cycle for your Children. Never drink and drive. Somebody is waiting for you at home. Never use mobile phones while driving / riding.
- 12. Road Safety Tips Avoid long trips during night, as far as possible. Insist that your child uses bright colored dresses, if your child is going for an early morning walk or cycling or walking on a road during night or if the lighting is poor due to mist or some other reason.
- 13. Road Safety Tips If you are driving at night, get refreshed at regular intervals by having a face wash or by having a cup of Coffee or Tea. Somebody should ensure that you are awake.
- 14. Road Safety Tips There is a practice of keeping the traffic signals in standby mode during nights and on holidays. It is highly risky, hence be extra cautious at junctions with signal system in standby mode.
- 15. Road Safety Tips Advertisement boards and other items that may obstruct visibility at junctions, curvatures and other parts of the roads. Hence be cautious about them.
- 16. Road Safety Tips A small pool of water or a hanging branch of tree / rope / cable on roadside can cause accident, as such obstructions will make the pedestrians / drivers to take sudden LATERAL movement and result in accidents. Drivers and Pedestrians should not make sudden lateral movement.
- 17. Road Safety Tips Teach your children to look behind before making any lateral movement while walking on the road. Let them make it a habit so that they will do it automatically before making any lateral movement.
- 18. Road Safety Tips Children playing ball games like Football, Cricket, Tennis etc. near Roads are likely to run across the road carelessly to pick the ball as the ball goes out of the field. Strict instructions should be given to children to be very careful while crossing the road to pick the ball.
- 19. Road Safety Tips Small children have a tendency to run across or along the roads, all of a sudden on seeing their parents, siblings, friends or relatives etc. Hence small children should be given strict instructions not to do that. Also try to avoid such circumstances on roads as far as possible. For example when children return from school, we should reach the bus stop in advance to pick them to home. If we reach the Bus stop late, children may run on seeing us from far.
- 20. Road Safety Tips When you are walking with small children on road side, hold on their hand. It should not be the other way ie. Don't let the children to hold on your hand. While walking with children on road side, keep the children on the outer side of the road. You should be in the inner side.
- 21. Road Safety Tips Let Road Safety be a mandatory topic for School Projects for all classes, every year. Road Safety Day / Road Safety Week should be observed in all Schools, every year. Competitions on Road Safety Tips, Slogans, Essays, Paintings etc should be conducted for students of various classes.
- 22. Road Safety Tips Road Safety Clubs and Forums should be formed in all Schools. School Buses should be painted withBright Yellow color.
- 23. Road Safety Tips Significant portion of School Uniform should be of bright colors like yellow, red, green, orange etc. White is also ok. Idea is to increase visibility while crossing the road or walking on road side. The bright colors will ensure visibility even under low lighting conditions. If the current school uniform is of dark colors like gray, brown, dark blue etc., School authorities may change the uniform at the next opportunity.
- 24. Road Safety Tips Avoid driving if you are experiencing excessive sneezing. Do not drive after taking sleep inducing tablets like anti-histamines, anti-allergic, anti-depressants etc. Buy only bright colored dresses for your children. Sometimes, this may help in averting an accident. Never select black or dark color dresses for your children.
- 25. Road Safety Tips Better use a Yellow colored Helmet. Small children may sleep while traveling by two wheelers. Hence ensure that they are awake while traveling by two wheelers. There are certain types of two wheelers which do not require a valid license for use. This nonsense of the authorities should not be a valid reason to risk the safety of your children.
- 26. Road Safety Tips Learn driving from the best reputed diving school in your neighborhood. Never bribe to acquire a driving license for you or your children. Do not use shortcut methods to get license. Appear for driving test after you are fully convinced and confident.
- 27. Road Safety Tips Do not park vehicles near curvature. Do not attempt to cross the road near curvature.
- 28. More than 1,200,000 people are killed in Road Accidents worldwide, every year. Let us help to prevent road accidents by downloading andsharing this document with Parents,Teachers, Students, Children,Friends, Relatives, Colleagues and other contacts.Web: http://www.slideshare.net/safeindianroads/tags/safetyhttp://www.slideshare.net/safeindianroads slideshare.net/safeindianroads/tags/safety
- 29. Thanks !!!
- 30. Steps to be taken to prevent Road Accidents, How to prevent Road Accidents, Road Accident Preventions Tips, Steps to be taken by Government to reduce road accidents. Traffic safety awareness, How to avoid accidents, How to reduce roadaccidents, Safety habits, Parenting, Action by Public Works, Home ministr, State governments, Union Goverment, Police etc.american highway safety, indian road safety, taffic safety, aashto, nchrp, nhtsa, school safety, general safety, aaa traffic safety, ADTSEA, road safety foundation, road safety organisation ,national road safety, nhtsa, national safety,american highway, indian highway, auto safety, automobile safety ,parents, children, road accident prevention tips, road safety, accident control, child, helmet, india, indian government ,slide share, powerpoint . road accidentprevention tips education wikipedia road safety accident control child children american highway safety indian road safety taffic safety aashto nchrp nhtsa school safety general safety aaa traffic safety ADTSEA road safety foundationroad safety organisation national road safety nhtsa national safety american highway indian highway auto safety automobile safety helmet india indian government slideshare powerpoint presentation road mishap distance betweenroad accident prevention tips road safety accident control child children american highway safety indian road safety taffic safety parenting aashto nchrp nhtsa school safety general safety aaa traffic safety ADTSEA road safetyfoundation road safety organisation national road safety nhtsa national safety american highway indian highway auto safety automobile safety helmet india indian government beijing olympics 2008 china ipod media player fm radiomp3 player defensive useful tips driving road map route msp directions mumbai delhi chennai madras bombay calcutta kolkatta slideshare powerpoint presentation Andhra Pradesh Arunachal Pradesh Assam Bihar Chhattisgarh GoaGujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh Jammu and Kashmir Jharkhand Karnataka Kerala Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Manipur Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland Orissa Punjab Rajasthan Sikkim Tamil Nadu Tripura Uttar Pradesh UttarakhandWest Bengal Andaman and Nicobar Islands Chandigarh Dadra and Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu Lakshadweep Delhi Puducherry Agartala Agra Ahmedabad Ahmednagar Aizwal Ajmer Akola Al
View more >
THE ATTITUDES OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS TOWARD ?· THE ATTITUDES OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS TOWARD HOMEWORK…
Views of Students, Parents, and Teachers on Homework ?· Views of Students, Parents, and Teachers on…
Parents as Teachers 2015-2016 Affiliate Performance Childhood/PAT/PAT_APR_15-16.pdf Parents as Teachers
PACT: Parents and children together in phonological therapyspeech-language- ?· PACT: Parents and children…
BallBot1 Robot. WHO Children as young as two … Teachers & Parents … Hacker/Hobbyists … users will be;
Resources for Parents & Teachers of Gifted and ?· Resources for Parents & Teachers of Gifted and Special…
Survey 2015 - parents, teachers and caregivers understand the realms of the online world and how children
Presents. Seick Training programme for Parents, Teachers and Psychologists working with children affected by dyxlexia
Welcome Teachers and Parents - ?· Welcome Teachers and Parents azcentral.com is proud to offer this…
Parents as First Teachers - First Nations Health ?· Parents as First Teachers A resource booklet about…
Young Children, Parents and Teachers Perspectives on Peacebuilding in Bangladesh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROCKY MOUNTAIN PARENTS AS TEACHERS ADDED ?· ROCKY MOUNTAIN PARENTS AS TEACHERS ADDED TO OUR ... liquid…