removeable partial denture steps
out of 20
Post on 26-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMy Presentation in my Class.
- 1REMOVABLE PARTIALDENTURE STEPSS.S Hotchandani
- Denture2 A denture is a replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Complete Denture Partial Denture A removable partial denture or bridge usually consists of replacement teeth (Artificial Teeth) attached to a pink or gum-colored plastic base (Denture Base), which is connected by metal framework (CLASPS) that holds the denture in place in the mouth.
- 3 How Are Dentures Made?
- The denture development process takes about three to six weeks and several appointments.Once your dentist or prosthodontist (a dentist who specializes in the restoration andreplacement of teeth) determines what type of appliance is best for you, the general stepsare : 4 Impressions Flasking Model Preparation De-waxing Survey Application of Framework Separating media Waxing Packing Setup Curing Deflasking Finishing & Polishing
- Impression5 These are negative replica of patients hard and soft tissues of Oral cavity usually taken using alginate (Impression Material) in a stock/ custom tray.
- Model Preparation6 After Impression. By Cast or Die materials; Plasterof Paris Dental Stone
- Survey7 Used to determine heights of contour with a common path of insertion. A dental surveyor is Used
- Frame Work8 Adaptating, and positioning of clasp. Cobalt based Type IV gold based alloys Chromium based
- Waxing9 Temporary Base Plate. Support Artificial Teeth. Modelling Wax.
- Setup10 Placed on Wax Base Plate. Acrylics Porcelin
- Flasking11 The process of investing the cast and a waxed denture in a flask to make a sectional mould used to form the acrylic resin denture base. Lowerhalf (which contains the cast). Upper half. Lid Upper Half Cover/ Lid. Lower Half
- Flasking Procedure12 Vaselin Application. Pouring of Plaster. Insertion of Model. Cover Model with Plaster except on Tooth & Wax. Vaselin Application. Upper Part Attachment. Fill Upper Part with Plaster Again. Cover Upper Tray with Lid & allow it to set.
- Dewaxing15 Wax Elimination. Boiling Water for 4 to 6 minutes. Excess Wax can be washed away with boiling water. After Dewaxing
- Application of Seperating Media16 Camels Hair Brush or Cotton held in Tweezers. Apply everywhere on cast except Artificial Teeth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Materials Cold mould seal Tin foil Starch Vaselin Cellulose Acetate
- Packing17 It is act of pressing a denture base material (Dough Stage) into a mold within flask. Rod-like form In the upper half of the flask .
- Curing18 Polymerization of Denture Base material. Self/Chemical Curing. Microwave Curing Heat Curing. Normal Tap Water. Heat for 45 min After 45 min allow it to cool
- Deflasking Disassembling of Flask to get Denture. Finishing & Polishing Grinding lathe Polishing lathe with pumice Brushes and rag wheels suitable for polishing Polishing compound No. 6 or 8 round bur Carbide acrylic burs Sand Paper Muslin buff WheelTake care not to generate much heat during polishing to avoid warpage of the acrylic denture 19base.
View more >