Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAuthor's: Kaylani & Alanah
- 1.Alanah and Kaylani's... Rainforest Challenge
- A rainforestis a thick forest in moderately warm to very hot areas which have heavy rainfall and high humidity. Rainforests usually contain types of trees that can survive in this boiling weather.
What is a Rainforest? 3.
- The different levels of a rainforest are The forest floor, Understory layer, Canopy layer and the Emergent layer.
- Each level in a rainforest is special because each one contains different things. For example: the Understory layer and the Canopy layer may contain more animals than the Emergent Layer. It depends what tree or what rainforest.
The different levels of a rainforest 4.
- Some rainforests are located in Madagascar, Papa New Guinea, India, Egypt, South America and Africa. The names of some are: The Daintree Rainforest in QLD and the Amazon River in Brazil. They all have different things about their Rainforest to make them special.
Where are they located? 5. These are where some Rainforests are located! 6.
- Rainforests have more than 50 % of all the plants and animals on earth living in them. Animals are so important that we should protect rainforests and that will help to save all species of animals.
- The plants in rainforests smell and look beautiful, and deciduous plants help the soil. We should save rainforests and not destroy them to keep us alive. Animals, birds, insects and plants that you might not see anywhere else might be living in any rainforest.
- Rainforests are disappearing off the globe within seconds. We have to save the rainforests! By protecting them and not chopping them down. Do not pollute when walking though National Parks. Take care of where you cut trees down and how will it affect the future. Animals are constantly losing there families and homes! With nothing to eat, they are dying of STARVATION!
How can we save rainforests! Right Wrong 9.
- Banana plants
- Big-leaf Mahogany
- Brazil Nut tree
- Coffee plant
- Ramon tree
Plants in Rainforests 10.
- African Forest Elephant
- Green Tree frog
- Fruit Dove
- Bengal Tiger
- Golden Lion Tamarin
- King Cobra
- Proboscis Monkey
- Sumatran Rhinoceros
- Vampire Bat
- Pit Viper
Animals you might find in rainforests 11. Are there different typesof rainforests? Slow Rapid Decomposition rate Mostly mosses and ferns Lots of different kinds includingorchids and bromeliads Epiphytes (grows on trees) 500-1000 years 50-100 years Age of trees Needles Broadleaf Types of leaves Few (10-20) Many (hundreds) Number of tree species Cool Warm Temperatures Temperate Tropical 12. Alanah and Kaylani! Hope you liked it! By: 13. THANKS! PROTECT OUR RAINFORESTS!