question 1a post production
out of 14
Post on 29-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAdapted from existing materials
- Post Production What skills did you develop at the stage of post production? G325: Section A: Theoretical Perspectives in Media Question 1(a)
- Production and Post Production
- Production at AS consisted of filming the prelims and title sequence / taking photos for the school and music mag and writing an article.
- Post Production at AS consisted of editing the timelines and putting all the text and graphics and sound together in iMovie / editing the photographs in photoshop.
- You have 5 minutes to brainstorm everything you did for your main product at AS at the stage of post-production.
- This must be detailed in terms of tools used, the software pros /cons, your strengths /weaknesses.
- Production and Post Production
- Production at A2 consisted of filming the music video. It also consisted of things like taking photos, designing your posters and the digi-pak.
- Post Production at A2 consisted of editing the footage and audio in iMovie/Sony Vegas/Final Cut . It also included manipulating the photographs and putting all the text and graphics together on Photoshop .
- You have 5 minutes to brainstorm everything you did for your main product at A2 at the stage of post-production . This must be detailed in terms of tools used, the software pros /cons, your strengths /weaknesses.
- You should also detail your progression of film editing and Photoshop skills at stage of post production between AS and your A2 ancillary tasks.
- You also have to remember that you produced and post produced work for your both your evaluations.
- The main difference between AS and A2 for some isn t obvious video to video.
- But you must be able to evaluate these skills and think about everything that you have learned for your entire four pieces of coursework.
- A process needed for problem solvingnot just a special gift enjoyed by a few but a common ability enjoyed by most people. (Jones 1993)
- You have 5 minutes to detail the progression specifically from:
- iMovie in general.
- Use of Photoshop at A2.
- Further advanced use of iMovie at A2 to construct your evaluation and create meaning.
- Try to think about how you have become more technically competent in terms of your use of digital technology to present work creatively at the stage of post-production.
- All of your work should make reference to your knowledge of the KEY MEDIA CONCEPTS .
- MEDIA LANGUAGE
- So if you were to state that you used an iMovie clean transition you need to explain why you did this in terms of communication/meaning/mode of address for the audience.
- E.g. At the stage of post-production, despite there being more advanced transitions effects available in the video effects bin on iMovie, we used simple clean transitions where no effects were used. I used simple transitions when matching the beat to the action on screen, that would amplify a lyric in the narrative for the audience . I found the most effective amplification was when a close up was used of X singing a specific lyric, e.g. ? The close up connotes that X is important, giving more information about X, enhancing the representation of X. It is also convention of the music video to highlight the lead singer, (Sven E Carlson) .
- You have 5 minutes to link 6 post production choices you made to one or more of the key media concepts.
- We need to start recognising links between these at the different stages of production and there is a choice of 3 essay questions.
- You therefore have 10 minutes to identify how each area might fit with the others in terms of SKILLS development.
- e.g. start with DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY in the middle and write the other three areas around it, make notes on how they fit. e.g Research and Planning technology of blogger.com
- Choice of 3 questions...remember they start with a statement as below for you to ultimately answer as part of your evaluation. A media product is primarily created a the stage of editing. In your own experience detail how far the meaning of your product was constructed at the stage of post production . Creativity is something that is inherent and cannot be learned. In your experience detail how the post production of your media products developed your creative skills . Consumers are now media producers. In your experience detail how far the post production of your work was enabled by the digital technology available to you.
View more >