of 18 /18
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PUBLIC RELATIONS
- 2. WHAT IS PUBLIC RELATION ? Public relation includes all efforts by an organisation which lead to a favourable opinion about the organisation in the mind of the public. -George F. Meredith Public relation = relations with the public A system of communication to create goodwill.
- 3. FEATURES PLANNED EFFORT SUSTAINED EFFORTS CREATION AND MAINTENANCE OF UNDERSTANDING PARTIES SPECIALIST JOB
- 4. PUBLIC RELATION INVOLVES:- Evaluation of public attitudes and opinions. Formulation and implementation of an organizations procedures and policy regarding communication with its publics. Coordination of communications programs. Developing rapport and good-will through a two way communication process. Fostering a positive relationship between an organization and its public constituents.
- 5. OBJECTIVE Convey policies and programmes of org. to public. Collect info. About public opinion about the org., top management etc. Overcome peoples prejudices, suspicions and dislikes. Mould peoples attitudes in favour of the org. Establish and maintain goodwill and understanding Build an image as a forward looking org.
- 6. Functions of public relations Publicity Press Relations Industry Relations Lobbying Public affairs Development
- 7. I. EXTERNAL MEDIA Newspaper Radio Television Magazines
- 8. II. INTERNAL MEDIA House Journal Bulletin Board Annual Report Printed Literature
- 9. III. MEDIA RELATON Press Conference Press Release Press Tour Exhibition
- 10. IV. COMMUNITY RELATIONS A community is a group of people , who live in same place, share the same government and have a common cultural and historical heritage. The people who live in a community and the institutions that serve them are mutually depend. The people cannot enjoy a good life without the institutions. This is called Community Relations.
- 11. V. GOVERNMENT RELATIONS The function of PR in government is essentially non-political. The government department has two main tasks- To give regular information on policy plan and activities and achievements of department. To inform and educate the public on legislation, regulations and all matters that effect the daily life of citizens.
- 12. VI. USING PHOTOGRAPH FOR PR COMMUNICATION Photographs and illustrations are important aid to public relations. The first point to appreciate is that photographs always lend authenticity. It has definitely edge over printed matter. It has news worthiness even for illiterates.
- 13. VII. USING ADVERTISING FOR PR COMMUNICATION Advertising is also very effective medium for communicating. In public relations purposes. Traditionally, organizations have used advertising to sell products but lately, firms use advertisements for purposes other than production promotion. Public relations advertising focused on the general image of the company wished to convey and the public issues it wished to confront.
- 14. VIII. DIRECT COMMUNICATION METHODS SIGNS POST CARD LETTERS WORD OF MOUTH TELEPHONE AS A PR DEVICE SPEECHES AND SPEAKERS BUREAUS ELECTRIC SPECTACULAR DISPLAY
- 15. XI. OTHER PUBLICITY LEAFLETS STICKERS LEVEL DIRECT MAIL
- 16. THANK U