psalm 23 part_2
out of 44
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PRAYING THE PRAYING OUR FEAR #2 PSALM 23
- 2. xhcrcs the to_'|in this stupid happy meal?I_. g V_gpov--ionic 3 P V next esundaylo. h, i11Sb0.r0u3hf97st park_.
- 3. ' 3;I. .4!->EEz. -Fz 7 9. '_'_: Pj W18thf1Rthf20th Hugust 6:33pm to ? =Il5pr-1Registrat. ion=Mon 1?th Hugust ? =OOpmDUMB ZlI_ID LEERN7 _ZBDU T LIFE A IN, _l-: ULL _ D gy
- 4. *3s PSALM 27:1THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATIONWHOM SHALLI FEAR?
- 5. I WILL SING AND MAKE MUSICTO THE LORD 75733 PSALM 27:6
- 6. he Lord is my ShepherdI shall not want He makes me lie down in green pasturesHe leads me beside still wafersG atJ,u r; -14 ov-/- I gk :0! gr g W,J /1. ,~As. /.He restores my soul a.
- 7. PRAYING THE PRAYING OUR FEAR #2 PSALM 23
- 8. The Shepherd is the source. .. . .of security . .of what we need . .of rescue and restoration . .of guidance
- 9. Where the paths take us. ..
- 10. Enter by the narrow gate.For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction,and those who enter by it are many.For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life,and those who find it are few. Matthew 7:13-14
- 11. Where the paths take us. ..
- 12. All who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.For you did not receive the spirt of slavery to fall back into fear but you have received the spirit of adoption as sons,by whom we cry,Abba,Father! The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,and if children,then heirs,heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ provided we suffer with him. ..Romans 8:14-17
- 13. The paths of righteousness will take us through the valley. .. . ..without warning . ..by choice
- 14. ._ l. l 1 . LP. ... (2. lra
- 15. Marrying Ian meant that I was signing on to things that I don't think I ever would've chosen for myself working my whole life,having a husband who can't be left alone,managing his caregivers,remembering to get the oil changed,advocating for medical care,balancing chequebooks,and on.The practical costs felt huge,and those didn't even touch on the emotional and spiritual battles that I would face. Larissa
- 16. How can we (choose to) walk through the vaHey?
- 17. But in light of all the practicals,and emotionals,it was so very simple:we love each other.And we love God.And we believe He is a sovereign and loving God who rules all things. Larissa
- 18. God prepares us (look backward)
- 19. We do not fear,rather,we are comforted
- 20. The Lord is my light and my salvationwhom shall I fear?The Lord is the stronghold of mylifeof whom shall I be afraid?Psalm 27:1The Lord is on my side;I will not fear.Psalm 118:6
- 21. God is with us
- 22. I am the good shepherd.The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd,who does not own the sheep,sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees,and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.I am the good shepherd.I know my own and my own know me,just as the Father knows me and I know the Father;and I lay down my life for thesheep. John10:11-15
- 23. God will protect usFor you strike all my enemies on the cheek;you break the teeth of the wicked. Psalm 3:7
- 24. God will guide usI will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. Psalm 32:8
- 25. God restores us (look forward)
- 26. God brings us home
- 27. The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,and if children,then heirs,heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.For I consider that the sufferings of this present age are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Romans 8:16-18
- 28. Why does God do all this?
- 29. But now thus says the Lord,he who created you,O Jacob,he who formed you,O Israel:Fear not,for I have redeemed you;I have called you by name,you are mine.When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;and through the rivers,they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you.For I am the Lord your God,the Holy One of Israel,your Saviour.I give Egypt as your ransom,Cush and Seba in exchange for you.Because you are precious in my eyes,and honoured,and I love you,I give men in return for you,peoples in exchange for your life. Isaiah 43:1-4
- 30. Why does God do all this? We are. .. . ..precious (table) . ..honoured (oil) . ..loved (cup)
- 31. ButJesusu... .was abandoned rather than protected . ..was dishonoured rather than honoured . ..drank wrath rather than blessing
- 32. Why does God do all this? For his name's sake
- 33. I will say to the north,Give up,and to the south,Donot withhold;bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth,everyone who is called by my name,whom I created for my glory. ..Isaiah 43:6-7Therefore say to the house of Israel,Thus says the Lord God:It is not for your sake,O house of Israel,that I am about to act,but for the sake of my holyname. .. Ezekiel 36:22-23
- 34. If we forget God's glory we respond to his love selfishly
- 35. If we live for God's glory we respond to God's love generously. ..your name and the remembrance are the desire of our soul. Isaiah 26:8
- 36. The paths of righteousness will take us through the valley, God is and has been preparing usWe have nothing to fear,rather we are comforted He is with us He protects us He guides us.
- 37. He will restore usHe will lead us homeHe does this because He loves us for His names sake
- 38. PRAYING THE PRAYING OUR FEAR #2 PSALM 23
View more >
They are all found in Psalm 23. And the antidotes are also found in Psalm 23. Psalm 23 is the most beloved psalm of the Bible. And it tells us what
Route B English Age 7-9 Psalm 23 Psalm 23:1-4. Psalm 23 Psalm 23:1-2 King James Version The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie
23 Lessons from Psalm 23 - FBC ?· 23 Lessons from Psalm 23 Christian Home Week, ... Read John 10:14-16…
Psalm 23 - 23 Psalm 23:1–5 ... Thru the Bible Books, h1977, p. 125. On the other hand, in McGee’s actual study of ... Psalm 23 is a psalm about our Shepherd-Lord,