Prototype and test storyboard
out of 26
Post on 11-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Course: Design Thinking Action Lab! Assignment: Prototype & Test! Author: Sally Graham! Date: August 18, 2013! Skill Led Program!
- 2. PROBLEM STATEMENT! ! ! STAKEHOLDER: ! (Sophie, a condent young woman, easy to talk to, trustworthy, degree- holding communicator, who is keen to get a high demand job) ! need a way to ! NEED: (perform diverse challenging job-related tasks in a short time period) ! because ! INSIGHT: (understanding her strengths and discovering her passion earlier will help to dene the best career path for her regardless her career choice .) !
- 3. My 3 solutions to the problem: ! Team up with an experienced worker. - (The most practical idea) : Usually interns are involved in low-skilled or simple tasks, working with a experienced worker and be involve in a more challenging tasks will give him/her a estimulating start and condence. The mentor should dedicate some time to guide the graduate toward learning the skills required for the job. ! Participate in a skill led program within a company. - (My favorite idea) Creating a skill-led training program within a company is a way to have a effective structure that could help graduates and currents employees to acquire the skills needed quickly in this fast changing world. ! Play a game to adquire job-related skills in a univesity lab - (the most disruptive idea) Create a game for graduates to test their ability to learn and improve their performance. They will receive a challenge that will help them to learn one or many skills while working in a Simulated Work Environment.
- 4. ! I decided to explain what I prototyped and ! ! tested using a storyboard.!
- 5. Are you ready for university? Yes. Lectures, books and par:es! Students talking about university!
- 6. Welcome to university. You will be star:ng on Monday on your rst job. Admission process at university!
- 7. my rs job? ...Can I work without nishing my studies? Admission process at university!
- 8. Yes. In fact, you need to work to nish university. Admission process at university!
- 9. I got a job in IT company and some lectures. First day at university! Im working on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- 10. Welcome to university. I will be your Work Experience Designer and I will be helping you to acquire hands on experience while you are working. If you have any issues at work. Please let me know. First day at university!
- 11. Student work experience program! As your Work Experience Designer I will help you to acquire the skills you need according what you would love to do for living or while you discover your passion.
- 12. You will be asked to record your experience at work and write some advice for new coworkers. Student work experience program!
- 13. You can use the WED (your Work Experience Designer) app to keep track of your skill set. You start sePng your goals and review how you doing in order to learn the skills you need. Student work experience program!
- 14. Student work experience program! This game is great to nd the job role that I would love.
- 15. Student work experience program! Im a company advisor during my last two years of university. Every:me we help a company to solve a problem we receive beQer grades. Companies keep sending us their problems/opportuni:es for some feedback..
- 16. Students exchange opinions of their new jobs! I was expec:ng more lectures and I dont like my new job. Im not sure if is worth it to spend some months there.
- 17. Students talking their new jobs! It is amazing to be working without experience and have less lectures. My employer is used to hire students so If I make a mistake I do not worry to much. I just try x it and learn.
- 18. Students exchange opinions of their new jobs! I should speak to my WED (Work experience designer), maybe I just need another job role.
- 19. Student Work Experience Program! Student Companies University Work Experience Designer Teachers teach and work Online plaXorm Experienced Worker
- 20. Professors teach at university and work at a company !
- 21. Large companies are happy to be part of the program! I wasnt sure about hiring students without experience but I discover that is a great way to evaluate how we are doing and how to improve as a company.
- 22. Small Business are happy to be part of the program! I do not have too much money for another salary but I have :me to teach them some skills. Students get grades for skills learned at work.
- 23. Students at university and at work since they start.! Can you apply this framework at work?
- 24. Students are evaluated by professors, employers and peers to get grades for the work done. ! Valuable skills associated with Communica:ons
- 25. Students become their own work experience designer.! Now I know how to learn what I need to do what I love.!
- 26. When they nish university! BEFORE! I have no experience but I have good grades.! NOW! I have good grades and 5 years experience in the service and retail industry. I work better in a fast- pace enviroment, I speak spanish and I loved working as a coordinator.! !
View more >