promote your organization
out of 13
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTips on how to promote Student Organizations.
- Presentation by: Victoria Evans
- Branding: identifying your organization to distinguish it from others
- Determine how you stand out
- Create a brand name (vocalized) and brand mark/logo (cannot be vocalized)
- Repetition, repetition, repetition!
- Benefits of branding
- Name/logo recognition and awareness
- Increase in membership
- Increase in event attendance
- Determine a problem or opportunity.
- Determine the objectives.
- Select the target audience.
- Select the message strategy.
- Determine a budget.
- Implement the strategy.
- Evaluate the results.
- What is your organizations goal or objective?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your message?
- How do you reach your target audience?
- How do you evaluate your promotion?
- Word of mouth
- Sidewalk chalk
- Scrolling message boards
- LED screen
- Announcements at athletic events
- Announcements during classes
- Classroom chalkboards or dry erase boards
- Visit other student organization meetings
- Ads on campus television stations
- Public service announcements on campus radio station
- Web sites
- Facebook, Twitter
- Letters to student organizations
- Student organization fairs
- Paper banners
- Press releases
- Display cases
- Guest column in the student newspaper
- Solicitation tables
- Table tents
- Glossy flyers
- Flyer with candy attached
- Ad in student newspaper, literary magazine , special publications or theatre playbill
- Door hangers in residence halls
- Graphic designer
- Semester calendars
- Professionally-made banners
- Display board
- Remote control trucks
- Golf carts
- Ad truck
- Water bottles or Nalgene bottles
- Promotional items and giveaways (koozies, pens, etc.)
- C Creativity The most important part of promoting your organization!
- O Objectives What are your organizations goals?
- M Message Make sure it is consistent.
- M Money How much do you have to spend?
- O Organize Develop your strategy of how you can reach your audience?
- T Target audience Who are they?
- I Implement Put your strategy to work!
- O Open your minds to evaluation.
- N N-crease awareness of your organization!
View more >
Conference Co-Marketing Tutorial. PROGRAM OVERVIEW You promote ISTE 2014 to your members We promote your organization to our attendees in your region
Make Better Friends: How Improv Can Help You Promote Content Strategy at Your Organization - Amber Hunt - LavaCon 2014
WORLD METEOROLOGICAL ORGANIZATION ?· 2012-01-27 · WORLD METEOROLOGICAL ORGANIZATION ... Promote awareness…
Using a Free Website to Manage, Promote, and Communicate Your Class, Group or Organization Manage, promote, communicate *story about why i chose to build
How to Promote Yourself Within Your Organization Session Three of the Fall Series, Managing Your Career
Organization Development and Social ?· Organization Development and Social Entrepreneurship: ... promote the importance of organizational ... organization development and social entrepreneurship,