Presentation on Hero Motocorp CSR Activities
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Presentation on Hero MotoCorp CSR Activities Submitted By KOUSHIK KHAN (15-50-111)
- 2. Company Profile
- 3. INTRODUCTION Hero Motors Ltd. is the world's largest manufacturer of two wheelers, based in India. The company was a joint venture between India's Hero Group and Honda Motor Company, Japan that began in 1984 later in 2011 it turn into Hero Motors Limited. In 2001, the company achieved the coveted position of being the largest two-wheeler manufacturing company in India and the World No.1 two-wheeler company in terms of unit volume sales in a calendar year by a single company. Hero has retained that coveted position till date. Today, every second motorcycle sold in the country is a Hero Honda bike. Every 30 seconds, someone in India buys Hero Splendor which is Indias selling motor cycle.
- 4. Vision Mobile and an empowered india, powered by its bikes. Mission To become a global enterprise fulfilling its customers' needs and aspirations for mobility, setting benchmarks in technology, styling and quality so that it converts its customers into its brand advocates. Product Two wheelers are manufactured across three globally benchmarked manufacturing
- 5. CSR POLICIES
- 6. Chairman of Hero Motocorp, Dr. Brijmohan Lall Munjal said - We must do something for the community from whose land we generate our wealth. Ride Safe India CSR Policies of Hero Motocorp A 360 degree initiative on making Indian Roads safer to drastically reduce fatalities.
- 7. Hamari Pari An effort to specifically empower the women of tomorrow. Happy Earth Aims at bringing change in our environment for, literally, making our world a happy place to live in.
- 8. E2 Educate to Empower Education is the basis of empowerment not only for the individual but the society & economy at large.
- 9. CSR Activities
- 10. 1. Green Technology introduction of Acrylic Cathodic Electro Deposition (ACED) painting process ( water soluble paint) developed primer from waste paint sludge 2. Safe Manufacturing Has stopped using harmful chemicals such as Asbestos, Hexavalent Chromium, Phenolic 3. Rain Water Harvesting Has implemented Rooftop Harvesting, Storm water Harvesting & Open area Harvesting
- 11. 4. Conserving Energy and Green IT Heat recovery unit installed in the incinerator Use of tfts in place of crts for displays Reduction of printers, use of video conferencing Replacing old inefficient equipment Usage of e-learning to reduce trainee or trainer travel Converting our paper based customer loyalty program to an online card based program Using e-fund transfer, cutting down on printing of cheques Digitization of workflows needing approvals, e-fax , email
- 12. 5. The Green Supply Chain Has started Green Vendor Development Program for the front end and a Green Dealer Development Program for the back end of the supply chain where partners' are expected to manage their environment involving material resources, industrial wastes, energy resource, pollution
- 13. 6. Stakeholder Ties at the Grassroots Rural development centre has been set up on 40 acres of land along the delhi-jaipur highway With wide approach roads, clean water and education facilities for both adults and children-now nurtures a vibrant, educated and healthy community
- 14. 7. Others Raman Munjal Vidya Mandir Raman Munjal Memorial Hospital Raman Munjal Sports Complex Adult Literacy Mission Marriages Of Underprivileged Girls Rural Health Care Vocational Training Centre Safe Ride Program
- 15. CONCLUSION Governance will become the key to sustainability in business. At the end of the day, building a large corporation is easy but building one of the most respected corporations in the world and sustaining it over many years is a big challenge. Only those companies that were built on a platform of strong corporate governance will earn respect from its stakeholders and enjoy a more sustainable growth. Hero Motocorp is one of them. CSR Policy of Hero Motocorp is just awesome. Still I want to give some suggestion. Involve customers Use social media
View more >