presentation by malena
out of 17
Post on 06-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. SPAIN. By Malena Almagro and Juan Antonio Espinosa.
- 2. SPAIN. -Spain is situated in southwestern Europe and occupies almost the entire Iberian Peninsula. -There are 47.190.493 population. -Its capital is Madrid. -Its government structure is a parliamentary monarchy. -Its anthem is The royal march. Coat of Spain.
- 3. Royal family. The royal family is comprised of -Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofa of Greece. -They have three children: + The Infanta Elena. She is divorced has two children: Froiln and Victoria. + The infanta Cristina, married to Iaki Urdangarn. + They have four children: Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene. + Prince Felipe, married to the princess Leticia Ortiz.They have two children: Leonor and Sofa.
- 4. Congress and senate. -In Spain the ruling party is the People's Party (PP) + The Prime Minister is Mariano Rajoy. + The chairman of the congress is Jess Posada. + The chairman of the senate is Po Garca-Escudero. Po Garca-Escudero. Mariano Rajoy. Jess Posada.
- 5. Map of Spain. Spain is divided into 17 regions and two territorial divisions.
- 6. Traditions and customs. -Siesta. After having lunch, Spanish people have the habit of sleeping between 30 or 60 minutes, mainly in summer. -Family life. People in Spain are really friendly and they like to show it. How? Well, they give you two kisses or a hug when they see you on the street. -Timetable. +Breakfast. The people in Spain usually have a coffe cup with some cookies or a piece of bread. +Lunch. between 13:30h and 16:00h +Dinner. usually between 21:00h at 23:00h
- 7. Spanish literature. -In Spain, we can find some well-known writers: Miguel de Cervantes. -Don Quixote Jos de Espronceda. - El estudiante de Salamanca. Carolina Coronado. - Poem collections Mariano Jos de Larra. -Vuelva usted maana. Gustavo Adolfo Bcquer. -Legends
- 8. Spanish music. -Alejandro Sanz. -David Bisbal. -Estopa. -El canto del loco. -Melendi. -Enrique Iglesias.
- 9. Movies. "The imposible." Pedro Almodovar Paz Vega. Eduardo Noriega. Penlope cruz. Antonio Banderas.
- 10. TYPICAL SPANISH FOOD -"Spanish omelette": The Spanish omelette or Spanish "tortilla" (not to be confused with the Mexican corn tortilla) is a dish consisting of beaten eggs and potatoes fried in olive oil.
- 11. TYPICAL SPANISH FOOD -"Paella": Valencian rice-dish, on the east coast of Spain. Many nonSpaniards consider paella as the Spanish national dish, but most Spanish consider it to be a regional Valencian dish. Valencians, in turn, regard paella as one of their identifying symbols.
- 12. TYPICAL SPANISH FOOD -"Cocido": Spanish stews (cocidos), are typical of central and northern Spain, usually consisting of meats, sausages, vegetables and chickpeas. The best known variation is Cocido madrileo from Madrid. This combines beef, ham, salt pork, chorizo, morcilla, chicken, chick peas, potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onion. Cocido can contain other meats, such as pork trotters and marrow bone, and seasonal vegetables. One variation involves the broth of the cocido served as soup before, often with Spanish pasta in it.
- 13. MAIN CITIES -MADRID: The capital and largest city in Spain. It has got aproximately 3.3 million people and in Madrid metropolitan area there is a population of 6.5 million. The population of great Madrid is estimated at 7.2 million.It is the third-largest city in the European Union, after London and Berlin, and its metropolitan area is the third-largest in the European Union after London and Paris.
- 14. MAIN CITIES -BARCELONA: The capital of Catalonia the second largest city in Spain, after Madrid, with a population of 1,621,537. It is also the largest city in the Mediterranean Sea. It is located on the north-east Mediterranean coast between the rivers Llobregat and Bess.
- 15. MAIN CITIES -SEVILLE: The capital of Andalusia. It is situated on the River Guadalquivir. The inhabitants of the city are known as "sevillanos" (feminine: "sevillanas") or "hispalenses", after the Roman name of the city, Hispalis. Seville has a population of over 703,000. Containing three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Alczar Palace Complex, the Cathedral and the General Archive of the Indies. Seville has the only river port in Spain.
- 16. OTHER SPANISH ICONS San Fermines Osborne Bull Rafa Nadal Spanish National Team La Alhambra Iberian Ham
- 17. THE END :D Thank you so much for your attention! :3
View more >