out of 29
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PALEOLITHIC
- 2. Neanderthals
- 3. WHAT? OLD STONE WHEN? 5.000.000 B.C. to 7.000 B.C. WHAT WAS CLIMATE LIKE? Some very cold periods in which the Earth was totally covered with ice, some milder periods.
- 4. Predators. (Hunting and fishing) Gathered fruits, honey, eggs
- 5. In caves or shelters They were nomads: moved to find food.
- 6. Hierarchical: the wisest, the strongest, the witch doctor were the most important people. Hordes: groups of 20 to 30 people, sometimes they formed a tribe. They shared the tasks
- 7. Tended the fire. Caught little animals. Prepared animal skins. Took care of the children.
- 8. They hunted, fished, made tools, protected the tribe:
- 9. They had religious beliefs: Buried the dead Believed in the forces of nature.
- 10. CAVE PAINTINGS BATONS VENUS STATUES
- 11. WHERE? ON ROCKS, CEILLINGS AND WALLS OF THE CAVES. WHY? TO CATCH THE ANIMALS MAGICALLY TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES TO EXPRESS WHAT THEY HAD SEEN.
- 12. How? Animals standing alone or in groups. Very realistic. Polychrome: red, black, ochre. Sometimes in protruding parts of the rock to give an impression of relief. Paint was applied with the fingers, brushes or spatulas.
- 13. Small carved pieces of bone and horn in the shape of the head of a horse or a deer.
- 14. MATERIALS: ivory, stone,bone. Fertility symbols: feminine physical features very exaggerated.
View more >
Alaska History 1 Overview. Prehistory Upper Paleolithic Period (14,000 BC) ◦Groups from Siberia crossed the Bering land bridge
Chapter One: Section Two. Prehistory – 2 eras Old Stone Age / Paleolithic Period 2 million B.C. – 10,000 B.C. New Stone Age / Neolithic Period